TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Any chance of seeing a Model S in HK this weekend?

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by elecblue, Jun 23, 2014.

1. elecblue

elecblue Member

Singapore (for next 2 years) previously Chicago, I
    I'm traveling to HK this weekend and would like to see a Model S. Any ideas? I don't have an HK postal code so presumably cannot set up a test drive.

Thanks in advance for your ideas!

2. CCT

CCT Member

Tesla Hong Kong Service Centre
    G/F King Palace Plaza

52A Sha Tsui Road
    Tsuen Wan, NT

3. mchk

mchk Member

They often do test drives in Pokfulam on the weekends in Cyberport. You might be able to catch one at the Meridian Hotel. Not sure if they are in that spot this weekend.

4. elecblue

elecblue Member

Thanks guys - I'll look into these!

I really miss my baby PacBlue.

5. asiaworldcity

asiaworldcity Member

Is RHD version Model S available for test drive? Both Tsuen Wan & Cyberport?

6. EBill

EBill Member

I would recommend calling them directly at +852 3184 0555 to find out what location is open on the day you are available.

At one time Model S LHD test drives were done on Saturday in Cyperport and the Tsuen Wan service center was open on Tuesdays. Current schedule has probably changed.

I've been told test drives are now easier to schedule in late June and July.

If you want to do a test drive my understanding is you need a HK driver's license or possibly an international driver's license. Worth asking what documents are required.

7. DITB

DITB Charged.hk co-founder

#7 DITB, Jun 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
    There should be around 5 test Model S by now (one of them LHD from before the RHDs arrived), some of which have also been used for test driving previously.

It's not unlikely you could set up a test drive, from Tesla Motors | Premium Electric Vehicles

8. elecblue

elecblue Member

All - I did get up to the service center last weekend. There is a beautiful red MS in the showroom that I got to sit in. I took advantage and switched the units to miles! (for fun). Its funny how easily you remember how to get to all the screens. Anyway for the 500+ Model S reservation holders in HK - when you get your cars and start driving them you will be amazed! You won't go back to driving gas cars again! (sorry my grammer is American)

9. CCT

CCT Member

So you did manage to come to their Tsuen Wan centre? Welcome! (I'm a resident in the area haha) Not sure you noticed, Tesla actually are opening another gallery literally two streets behind the existing service centre at a new commercial building. Have fun driving your Tesla in Chicago my friend.