Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any chance we can get a sticky thread for the 12V battery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah, sorry.. Ok, it might vary, in my case it survived another month, but you never know... It's good to do it asap.

Thanks for clarifying.

My original battery was the one which came with the new car in 2015.
I had Tesla replace my original one in February of 2019 proactively without any warning message at that time.
So, the existing 12v is exactly 4 years old with 10k miles driven. I think it seems reasonable to be replaced at this time and the warning message does not seem to be premature.

Thanks for clarifying.

My original battery was the one which came with the new car in 2015.
I had Tesla replace my original one in February of 2019 proactively without any warning message at that time.
So, the existing 12v is exactly 4 years old with 10k miles driven. I think it seems reasonable to be replaced at this time and the warning message does not seem to be premature.
U're welcome.. 4yrs is really good I'd say. And yes, it's better to do it proactively but I'll probably wait as I'm curious how long will this one last. The original was not available, so I used some ordinary deep cycle battery which was much cheaper :D And so far so good, it's more then one year now...