Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Charging Places Near Penn State University?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have contacted 5 Nissan Dealers and 3 said no to charging my Tesla. The other 2 said "any time." I went on recargo, and other charging sites, and marked the "No's" as permanently closed and put a comment that it is only for their customers. I think we should do this when we get that info. If they are not available, they should not come up in a search. Someone could really need a charge and be turned away. As it is, I am taking my ICE car to a wedding, because the only site listed in the area of the wedding was a Nissan Dealer who said no. I am concerned with the vampire load all day and then driving home late at night with a minimum charge. I probably could make it both ways, but don't want to risk it.
I'd take it another step further. If there are federal and/or state incentives involved with the charging points at the Nissan dealerships, it might make for an interesting court case that usage of them must not discriminate based on make of the vehicle. I'm sure gas stations would get into trouble if they rejected "plug-in vehicles that have gasoline engines" because they weren't "pure" or whatever.

I have contacted 5 Nissan Dealers and 3 said no to charging my Tesla. The other 2 said "any time." I went on recargo, and other charging sites, and marked the "No's" as permanently closed and put a comment that it is only for their customers. I think we should do this when we get that info. If they are not available, they should not come up in a search. Someone could really need a charge and be turned away. As it is, I am taking my ICE car to a wedding, because the only site listed in the area of the wedding was a Nissan Dealer who said no. I am concerned with the vampire load all day and then driving home late at night with a minimum charge. I probably could make it both ways, but don't want to risk it.

Are they for use by dealership customers only or any Nissan Leaf owner?

Are they for use by dealership customers only or any Nissan Leaf owner?

Most likely the charging is extended to any Nissan Leaf owner.

Planning a trip to PA in my MS (60 kWh). Going to Hershey Park and then Sesame Place. Hershey has a number of chargers and the campground nearby has 50-amps as well. However, Sesame Place does not have chargers. A nearby Hotel has a NEMA 5-20, which is rather slow. There is a Nissan location 0.9 miles away so I will contact them ahead of time.