Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Colorado deliveries post factory reopen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good to hear your delivery went well. Especially since white seems to be the most problematic color with the Model Y. Your car was a probably a couple behind mine on the line (also a 01759x VIN). Good change they were on the same truck if you picked up from Littleton.

So I took delivery of my White on White, LR AWD, 20” Induction, FSD Model Y. I am happy to report that VIN #1759x is flawless in every way except for two small things. One is a non-issue, it’s the directional paint matching of the bumper. Which is very slight, only visible in some lighting conditions from certain angles. And since that is something that plagues cars across the industry, even on Porsche and Mercedes, I can’t complain. It’s not a color mismatch, it’s a directional mismatch with multi coat paints. The other small issue is the right side 2nd row seat sits up a few millimeters higher than the middle and left side. This seems to plague every Model Y out there. They are aware of it and Tesla may have a fix for it at some point, maybe. And the fix will probably be removing the middle and left side and re-setting them with 2mm thick washers or shims. Honestly, no one is going to notice unless they’re specifically looking for this issue.

But other than that, it’s flawless. I drove the not quite 15 minute trip home and tucked it into the garage just before our severe thunderstorm hit. There was a software update and it’s installing now.

Initial impressions comparing to my 2016 Model X. It’s smaller and more maneuverable. Definitely more agile on the road. Noticeably less road noise. My X was a P90D, so the new Y as an LR AWD isn’t as super quick if I just step on it from a dead stop, but it’s still plenty quick for a daily driver. I know I only had about 15 minutes behind the wheel, but this thing is fun to drive.

Ha, I’m in almost the exact same boat as you! In Los Alamos instead of SF, though

Was up there for a long time. If this is your first Tesla and you work in TA-3 there are 3 primary chargers there (unless something has changed since last Jan). The cost is $0.085/Kwh (wholesale + $0.03) and there are 4 spots in the Otowi garage (bottom level), 4 in the west garage (bottom level), and 2 at Bikini Atoll/W Jemez. They are all chargepoint and the last ones are the most likely to be open at any given time (the Otowi ones have had an ICE problem). Do an internal search on the lab page to get access to the chargers.

• Love
Reactions: dlivingston
Picked up our Wht/Blk/AWD non-P/no FSD/Gemini today in Littleton. Crystal the DA was great. Our car has a couple small issues (one paint defect, rear hatch slightly misaligned). If there are other issues they are not obvious, tomorrow I will look it over a little more closely to see if I can find any other problems. Overall the team at Littleton was great and the car is terrific. I'm bummed to hear about the problems some folks are having as these are completely unacceptable. But the cars i saw today and the customers I spoke with all seemed very satisfied with their cars. I look forward to the day when we don't have to spend time talking about panel gaps and paint chips. Hope Tesla can get their QC issues under control.

Reactions: aburrows
Picked up our Wht/Blk/AWD non-P/no FSD/Gemini today in Littleton. Crystal the DA was great. Our car has a couple small issues (one paint defect, rear hatch slightly misaligned). If there are other issues they are not obvious, tomorrow I will look it over a little more closely to see if I can find any other problems. Overall the team at Littleton was great and the car is terrific. I'm bummed to hear about the problems some folks are having as these are completely unacceptable. But the cars i saw today and the customers I spoke with all seemed very satisfied with their cars. I look forward to the day when we don't have to spend time talking about panel gaps and paint chips. Hope Tesla can get their QC issues under control.

I’m taking delivery tomorrow. Hope it goes well like yours. I’m excited.

Good to hear your delivery went well. Especially since white seems to be the most problematic color with the Model Y. Your car was a probably a couple behind mine on the line (also a 01759x VIN). Good change they were on the same truck if you picked up from Littleton.

...picked up in Superior. Possibly on the same transport, but both locations here are delivering so many cars it’s kinda crazy.

Awesome, thanks! Yeah I have seen some of the reviews but thought it would be interesting to get the perspective of someone who previously owned for a while.

So less than a day into this and already have some stronger opinions of the car, our decision, etc.. We absolutely made the right choice, for us anyway! I was still unsure whether or not I made a mistake by selling the X. We LOVED that car. Sure, the X is not without its flaws and quirks, but ours was perfect and probably the most reliable car we’ve ever owned. Definitely the most maintenance-free car I have ever owned.

The Y is quite a bit smaller, and yet it’s not. Like 20% smaller overall. But it does not feel that way inside. The 2nd row passengers have more leg room in the Y and there are usable door and seat pockets. Better view and much more open feel for 2nd row vs. the X. The seats are very comfortable. I already knew that from sitting in a Model 3 a few times. I have not experienced these seats for long car trips and will reserve final judgement until then. While I liked the driver’s seat in the X and all the additional adjustments, I think I like the front seats in the Y better for initial comfort.

The front area is nice and open and we feel like we’re sitting more forward than in the X. The sound system compares favorably with the premium audio upgrade in the X (now standard in the X as of the past year or two).

Our X was a Performance model so was quicker off the line if we punched it. But the LR AWD Y is still plenty quick as a daily driver and surprisingly a lot more agile than the X. The Y is very fun to drive. It’s not a Performance Model 3 with Track Mode for that type of experience, but it’s very responsive and drives better than any other crossover/ XUV I’ve driven.

Looking it all over and driving it again this morning, still no issues to be found. The rear seat misalignment is actually not a misalignment at all. The pedantic engineer in me took it upon himself to do some measurements. It’s an upholstery issue where the vegan “leather” has a bit more slack in it on the top of the right rear seat. I love the black door handles and trim along with the black Induction wheels that match. They contrast amazingly well with the white exterior. I think Tesla should have made their logo emblems and the dual motor badge matching black for the Model Y. I’m going to black them out. Would have liked an option for a black headliner and dash trim in the cabin. Not a fan of the glossy piano black on the center console. It’s been less than a day and is already a fingerprint magnet and I’m worried I’m going to scratch it just by looking at it.

When we bought our X, the third row was a necessity. Now we don’t need it and the third row in the X was always kid-sized anyway. Yes, adults, even some pretty big guys, can fit in that third row for quick trips, but long car rides turn that third row into a torture chamber for most anyone of average to larger adult size. For those times we absolutely need a third row, or to seat 7, we have another large SUV. But like I said, that’s not really a thing anymore with our kids driving themselves.

All things considered, the only things I’m going to miss from the X are the doors and the HEPA filter system. The Falcon doors were both extremely functional and a giant pain in the ass at the same time. Loved how they opened up access to the 2nd row and allowed for a lot more room in tight parking spaces. But always paranoid when parking under trees, or in parking structures. More than the Falcon doors, I miss pressing on the brake and having my door close. And now we have to actually close doors with a bit of force (like our any other car) instead of gently getting them close and letting the car finish the job. Funny how one gets used to those aspects for a certain car and our brain knows we’re in a Tesla so that’s what we expect. We own several other cars and it’s not like we don’t have to open and close doors normally with them...

I’m sure I’ll have more thoughts and better direct comparisons as time goes on. The Y is a really good fit for our needs at this time. In a way, it’s almost like we outgrew the X, or at least our need for its extra features. In some ways, for me anyway, the interior of the X was always a bit disappointing. I always felt that the interior space was not used as well as it could have been. I like to compare with the Ford Explorer since it’s identical in length, width, height, etc.. as the Model X. Even with the engine, transmission, AWD components and drivetrain, it had way more usable space and leg room for all passengers inside than the Model X. I get the seats are all compressed forward a few inches in the X due to the sharper taper at the rear hatch, but like I said, no engine or other components. The Y does not seem to suffer in this way. Now, it will be interesting to see how they offer a Y with a third row. Without changing the existing seating configuration and without making the car longer, the only way is to put in two rear-facing jump seats for little kids.

I was supposed to take delivery today but as I was driving to them they called and said, the car isn't ready as,

1. Screen is not turning on
2. Backup camera isn't working
3. Software update is not working

Still tentatively scheduled for later this evening.

So less than a day into this and already have some stronger opinions of the car, our decision, etc.. We absolutely made the right choice, for us anyway! I was still unsure whether or not I made a mistake by selling the X. We LOVED that car. Sure, the X is not without its flaws and quirks, but ours was perfect and probably the most reliable car we’ve ever owned. Definitely the most maintenance-free car I have ever owned.

The Y is quite a bit smaller, and yet it’s not. Like 20% smaller overall. But it does not feel that way inside. The 2nd row passengers have more leg room in the Y and there are usable door and seat pockets. Better view and much more open feel for 2nd row vs. the X. The seats are very comfortable. I already knew that from sitting in a Model 3 a few times. I have not experienced these seats for long car trips and will reserve final judgement until then. While I liked the driver’s seat in the X and all the additional adjustments, I think I like the front seats in the Y better for initial comfort.

The front area is nice and open and we feel like we’re sitting more forward than in the X. The sound system compares favorably with the premium audio upgrade in the X (now standard in the X as of the past year or two).

Our X was a Performance model so was quicker off the line if we punched it. But the LR AWD Y is still plenty quick as a daily driver and surprisingly a lot more agile than the X. The Y is very fun to drive. It’s not a Performance Model 3 with Track Mode for that type of experience, but it’s very responsive and drives better than any other crossover/ XUV I’ve driven.

Looking it all over and driving it again this morning, still no issues to be found. The rear seat misalignment is actually not a misalignment at all. The pedantic engineer in me took it upon himself to do some measurements. It’s an upholstery issue where the vegan “leather” has a bit more slack in it on the top of the right rear seat. I love the black door handles and trim along with the black Induction wheels that match. They contrast amazingly well with the white exterior. I think Tesla should have made their logo emblems and the dual motor badge matching black for the Model Y. I’m going to black them out. Would have liked an option for a black headliner and dash trim in the cabin. Not a fan of the glossy piano black on the center console. It’s been less than a day and is already a fingerprint magnet and I’m worried I’m going to scratch it just by looking at it.

When we bought our X, the third row was a necessity. Now we don’t need it and the third row in the X was always kid-sized anyway. Yes, adults, even some pretty big guys, can fit in that third row for quick trips, but long car rides turn that third row into a torture chamber for most anyone of average to larger adult size. For those times we absolutely need a third row, or to seat 7, we have another large SUV. But like I said, that’s not really a thing anymore with our kids driving themselves.

All things considered, the only things I’m going to miss from the X are the doors and the HEPA filter system. The Falcon doors were both extremely functional and a giant pain in the ass at the same time. Loved how they opened up access to the 2nd row and allowed for a lot more room in tight parking spaces. But always paranoid when parking under trees, or in parking structures. More than the Falcon doors, I miss pressing on the brake and having my door close. And now we have to actually close doors with a bit of force (like our any other car) instead of gently getting them close and letting the car finish the job. Funny how one gets used to those aspects for a certain car and our brain knows we’re in a Tesla so that’s what we expect. We own several other cars and it’s not like we don’t have to open and close doors normally with them...

I’m sure I’ll have more thoughts and better direct comparisons as time goes on. The Y is a really good fit for our needs at this time. In a way, it’s almost like we outgrew the X, or at least our need for its extra features. In some ways, for me anyway, the interior of the X was always a bit disappointing. I always felt that the interior space was not used as well as it could have been. I like to compare with the Ford Explorer since it’s identical in length, width, height, etc.. as the Model X. Even with the engine, transmission, AWD components and drivetrain, it had way more usable space and leg room for all passengers inside than the Model X. I get the seats are all compressed forward a few inches in the X due to the sharper taper at the rear hatch, but like I said, no engine or other components. The Y does not seem to suffer in this way. Now, it will be interesting to see how they offer a Y with a third row. Without changing the existing seating configuration and without making the car longer, the only way is to put in two rear-facing jump seats for little kids.
Great review and discussion. Enjoy!

Thank you for the review. This makes me excited for my Y! I'm coming from a Toyota Highlander while its some what of a down size I'm confident for a family of 4 it will be more than fine in the Y. We are waiting for 7 seats (only way to get my wife to agree to this switch from Highlander) we rarely use the 3rd row now so I don't think the size will be an issue, more of a convience thing.

Well, my experience is not much better then minsara...went to our pick up appointment at 2:30 the car was nowhere to be seen. After 20 minutes of waiting they told me that they are touching up the windows.....my husband and I went to Starbucks next door to wait for the windows to be complete. 60 minutes later....there is a bolt in the tire and they are trying to find a replacement tire. I live super close so we just came home and ask them to call or text us with an update. Last night we went and checked out the car and there were a few mis- alignments in the car, especially the drivers front door and the rear tail lights. No idea if I will get the car today....It's the world of Tesla.

Well, my experience is not much better then minsara...went to our pick up appointment at 2:30 the car was nowhere to be seen. After 20 minutes of waiting they told me that they are touching up the windows.....my husband and I went to Starbucks next door to wait for the windows to be complete. 60 minutes later....there is a bolt in the tire and they are trying to find a replacement tire. I live super close so we just came home and ask them to call or text us with an update. Last night we went and checked out the car and there were a few mis- alignments in the car, especially the drivers front door and the rear tail lights. No idea if I will get the car today....It's the world of Tesla.
An update, as soon as I push the "post reply" Tesla called and told me that the car was ready. We walked back and the car was perfect!! Everything was aligned and it is a beauty. MSM PUP W/tow

• Love
There it is...my Yski.

Attachments

• 98DF9489-D600-487C-85FD-55BD5FED9593.png
    98DF9489-D600-487C-85FD-55BD5FED9593.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
  • Love
Reactions: durjosep and hjelmn
After they canceled the morning appointment, picked up my first Tesla MY this evening from Littleton, CO SC.

#Positives
1. Overall a pleasant experience.
2. Incredible car.
3. Looks beautiful.
4. I was a little worried about White on White. But blends in well (at least to me).
5. Decent build quality compared to other folks who had lots of issues.

#Negatives
There were a few panel gap issues.

1. As I started driving, noticed the steering wheel was crooked. Pulls to the right when I try to hold straight.
2. Frunk alignment was noticeable
3. Trunk alignment was noticeable
4. Tail light (SC said, it will align once the trunk is fixed)
5. Drive door seal misaligned a little

End of the day, happy as they said they will fix the issues.

Attachments

• IMG_1404.jpeg
    IMG_1404.jpeg
    397.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1405.jpeg
    IMG_1405.jpeg
    133.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1406.jpeg
    IMG_1406.jpeg
    337.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1407.jpeg
    IMG_1407.jpeg
    216.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1408.jpeg
    IMG_1408.jpeg
    389.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1409.jpeg
    IMG_1409.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1410.jpeg
    IMG_1410.jpeg
    331.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1411.jpeg
    IMG_1411.jpeg
    324.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1412.jpeg
    IMG_1412.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1416.jpeg
    IMG_1416.jpeg
    307.5 KB · Views: 41
Well, my delivery got pushed. I got the call around 7pm tonight. Apparently my MY is stuck in SLC on the carrier and they are thinking it will not arrive from SLC until Thursday now. :-(

They did offer me a couple of options. They offered two "low mileage (656 and 545) MSM/Black for $700 off sticker, or a Blue/Black with 115 miles (no discount), or wait until Thursday arrival/Friday delivery. They are of course closed Saturday due to the holiday, so I am hoping it will com in on Thursday and we can close before the Holiday weekend.

I guess that is what I get for being excited.

Well, my delivery got pushed. I got the call around 7pm tonight. Apparently my MY is stuck in SLC on the carrier and they are thinking it will not arrive from SLC until Thursday now. :-(

They did offer me a couple of options. They offered two "low mileage (656 and 545) MSM/Black for $700 off sticker, or a Blue/Black with 115 miles (no discount), or wait until Thursday arrival/Friday delivery. They are of course closed Saturday due to the holiday, so I am hoping it will com in on Thursday and we can close before the Holiday weekend.

I guess that is what I get for being excited.
Wait for your car. Chances are they were rejected or returned.

Wait for your car. Chances are they were rejected or returned.
I am. Plus they are not the colors I wanted. I wanted a Red with White, and all of them were black interior and not the exterior I wanted at all. I told them I would consider a Blue with White (my second choice in color) but a white was a necessity and red was ideal. I can wait a week. It's been two months already, whats another week. There are folks out there waiting longer than I have, so I think one more week wont kill me. Besides, I have nothing to lose by waiting a week. It's not like a federal tax credit is going away at the end of June or anything. :)