Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any computer geniuses that know how to harvest pdf's from the Tesla service manual?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get the impression that the manual is a lot closer in its nature to a database than a book.

You can copy it into a pile of PDFs but then its utility is degraded. No search, no internal referencing, and a crappy hierarchy.
The apps above - at least site sucker - allow you to store the html files in such a way that the links point to local copies of the pages. Functionality is exactly the same as the online version. Agree that PDFs are a daft way of storing the info when there are better, more interactive ways of doing it.

I think the problem I'm having is working out which URL to use which still gives a login request but ends up on the page which links to all the downloadable stuff....
If you go onto any page you'll get the login prompt. For example I used this URL:

Assuming you tried Webcopy, did you read these pages in the instructions:

I don't have a windows machine to try the on, but it looks like you have everything there to perform the copy.

If you go onto any page you'll get the login prompt. For example I used this URL:

Assuming you tried Webcopy, did you read these pages in the instructions:

I don't have a windows machine to try the on, but it looks like you have everything there to perform the copy.
Thanks again init6 - yep, I've followed the info & guides above but to no avail. Keep getting errors and the URL changes to Tesla Service. for some reason.

Am losing the will to live now with this so I'll wait for some bright spark to have downloaded the info if I ever need it!!!

Thanks again init6 - yep, I've followed the info & guides above but to no avail. Keep getting errors and the URL changes to Tesla Service. for some reason.

Am losing the will to live now with this so I'll wait for some bright spark to have downloaded the info if I ever need it!!!
What errors do you get? If you share the messages- or screen dumps then I'm sure someone will be able to help you.

Same thing, I've used the option to use the login and password from the website and it makes no difference.

here is a screenshot

Capture.JPG

I don't think this tool is capable of doing what we are looking for unfortunately.

I believe part of the problem is the tool uses IE which is now deprecated by MS for Edge so authentication using the browser is where it is failing.

Last edited: