Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

any concern about this gap?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Y delivered 2 weeks ago, I just find this today. It is located at the mirror. The passenger side has a big gap, compared to driver side one which is ok. can get water damage inside the door? lots of stuff inside door , like power window, lock, etc.
IMG-5338.jpg
IMG-5340.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: InternetDude
That does look abnormally large.... your photos are cropped pretty close, but based on what I'm seeing I think it may be more due to the alignment of the black lower piece for the mirror than the car's body panel (look at the gap between the lower mirror trim and the upper door trim on the side that looks more normal compared to the side that is not). They may be able to fix it just by adjusting that lower trim piece.

You seem to be located not too far from where I am. You can create a service ticket, because it's an exterior panel the app will try to schedule you at a service center instead of mobile service. I've personally had more experience with the SC in Costa Mesa for exterior issues than the one on Barranca. Even though it's been two weeks this is clearly not a wear and tear issue (like something with the paint or a scuffed wheel, etc) so they should still look into it I think. I had a minor alignment issue with the corner of a bumper that was fixed 2 months after delivery.

That does look abnormally large.... your photos are cropped pretty close, but based on what I'm seeing I think it may be more due to the alignment of the black lower piece for the mirror than the car's body panel (look at the gap between the lower mirror trim and the upper door trim on the side that looks more normal compared to the side that is not). They may be able to fix it just by adjusting that lower trim piece.

You seem to be located not too far from where I am. You can create a service ticket, because it's an exterior panel the app will try to schedule you at a service center instead of mobile service. I've personally had more experience with the SC in Costa Mesa for exterior issues than the one on Barranca. Even though it's been two weeks this is clearly not a wear and tear issue (like something with the paint or a scuffed wheel, etc) so they should still look into it I think. I had a minor alignment issue with the corner of a bumper that was fixed 2 months after delivery.
Thank you Neighbour. I will go to SC to check it out. I do not care cosmetically issue since Tesla get too many to care about . I just worry water damage into the door. Also, how about this gap below? again, could result it water damage?

IMG-5344.jpg

There's bound to be some fitment issues on any car. My last few Subarus all had at least one panel issue. Though ironically our MYP from 6/21 was perfect.
It seems like panel gap issues have definitely been cleaned up, as you'd expect almost 2 years into production for the MY. Hopefully they don't regress when they start cranking them out of Austin and Berlin, but I'd expect some regression as they ramp up there. My car (delivered March 2021) was also fine. I did have one small trim panel replaced - the black plastic 'triangle' behind the sideview mirror on the passenger's side had bubbles in it. Mobile service did it for me.