TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Any concern with leaving the 3rd row folded down?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by BenderTmoc, Jan 5, 2020.

1. BenderTmoc

BenderTmoc Member

We rarely have a need to seat more than 4 people in our MX, so I'm inclined to leave our 3rd row down all the time for storage capacity. If I do that, is there any worry that I might permanently imprint/dent/crater the seat backs or seat cushions, either in the polyurethane or the underlying foam?

2. mxnym

mxnym Member

Yes and no? I had my knee go through the carpet where the latch system bar seam is, but that doesn't affect the seatback. I have marks in my seats where the seatbelts were when I unfold them, but I'm not sure they're permanent. Personally, I don't think this is likely to be something worth worrying about, but I don't normally buy new vehicles, and I plan on having my X for so long that it can't possibly matter.

3. forkee

forkee Member

i have the 3rd row folded down all the time. just pull the belt up (toward the headrest) before putting down so it doesn't squish into the cushion/leather/cloth

4. BenderTmoc

BenderTmoc Member

Thanks both. I did notice some kind of imprint when I unfolded my seats for the first time after having been down for a couple days, but I didn't look too closely where it was or what might have caused it. Sounds like the seat belt would have been a likely culprit. I'll pay closer attention next time around. I appreciate the insights!

5. lloyds

lloyds Active Member

You might get the seatbelt externals may put imprint