Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any creative Raspberry Pi installs (other than Sentry uploads)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Freewheeler

Vendor
Supporting Member
May 22, 2020
New York
Just curious if anyone has come across any new, creative uses for the Raspberry Pi with Teslas, other than setting it up to auto-upload sentry videos to a remote location. I’m not a Pi guru or anything, but seems there must be some untapped functionality that can be achieved.

I would like my Raspberry Pi to collect vehicle information. I wrote the code in Eclipse on my laptop and it returns information from the API. When I deploy it to the Pi, Tesla returns a 404. I tried endpoints other than Tesla and they operate successfully. I also tried a curl command from my Pi against the Tesla API and it operated successfully. Any ideas why the Java code doesn't work?

Thanks,
Joe

I would like my Raspberry Pi to collect vehicle information. I wrote the code in Eclipse on my laptop and it returns information from the API. When I deploy it to the Pi, Tesla returns a 404. I tried endpoints other than Tesla and they operate successfully. I also tried a curl command from my Pi against the Tesla API and it operated successfully. Any ideas why the Java code doesn't work?

Thanks,
Joe
I would take a wild guess that your authentication string is not the same in Java as in curl. You may want to do a packet capture for both