Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Current M3 Owner Near Irvine, CA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey!
I'm looking to get a Model 3 soon and I've sat in one in the Tesla showroom, but before buying a 60k car I'd like to at least test drive it for 5min :) I planned on doing Turo but they all charge $185+ for a day.
So I just had this thought.. any owner of the M3 living around Irvine, CA who would be willing to meet up ?
Thanks!

• Informative
Reactions: Pkmmte
I've been wanting to do this too. I just want to drive it for 5-10 minutes to confirm what other people have been saying about it. I wanted to contact owners on Turo to see if they can rent by the hour, but there's no contact info available. Maybe we all could chip it and make it worthwhile for the owner? :)

Something to consider is the issue of liability to the owner of the 3.

It's a burden for them to verify ID, insurance and are not equipped with the resources of a car dealership to offer test drives.

Selling a car, yes you have to accept that risk but to take it to offer a test drive to someone does not make sense if you are not known to the owner in some way or fashion.

Just providing info on why it might be difficult to arrange something like this. With that I wish you luck.

The good thing about the Model 3 is there is so much content on it is you can spend days on youtube to learn any fact you want to know.

Also if you don't want your 3, there's another 390,000 people who are happy to take it without driving or seeing it.

People who own and drive one believes it's a Tesla. Good enough for me. :)

Something to consider is the issue of liability to the owner of the 3.

It's a burden for them to verify ID, insurance and are not equipped with the resources of a car dealership to offer test drives.

Selling a car, yes you have to accept that risk but to take it to offer a test drive to someone does not make sense if you are not known to the owner in some way or fashion.

Just providing info on why it might be difficult to arrange something like this. With that I wish you luck.

The good thing about the Model 3 is there is so much content on it is you can spend days on youtube to learn any fact you want to know.

Also if you don't want your 3, there's another 390,000 people who are happy to take it without driving or seeing it.

People who own and drive one believes it's a Tesla. Good enough for me. :)

Yeah I didn't think I would get any response but it was worth a shot.

Amazing you can rent a fully loaded Model X for less than a Model 3.

Yeah I didn't think I would get any response but it was worth a shot.

Amazing you can rent a fully loaded Model X for less than a Model 3.

They are overpaying for the privilege of renting Model 3. While many will disagree with me, I believe the S is a superior all around car.

The one thing the Model 3 will never be able to do is change its dimensions.

Model S with jump seats is sexy for flexibility.

Last edited:
They are overpaying for the Model 3. While many will disagree with me, I believe the S is a superior all around car.

The one thing the Model 3 will never be able to do is change its dimensions.

Model S with jump seats is sexy for flexibility.

Yeah it is expensive for a small Civic sized car for sure.

I'm really Tesla confused now, I love the S, wanted to buy the 3 for the latest tech for cheaper, and now that I've heard and started researching about the 100% depreciation bonus for the Model X, I am not getting anywhere :p

New MSs being shipped have been reported having an updated MCU (much faster refresh etc) and lit vanity mirrors. I suspect more changes will be coming down the road, maybe this summer? No idea yet what the AWD Model 3 will have as far as options or pricing. Regardless of vehicle, always hard to pick an ideal jump in point as with any technology and these cars are cars but definitely high tech. ;). One thing I can say as an MS owner and having driven a Model 3 (which I'm waiting for myself), is that the cars are great to drive and fun too so you can't go too wrong either way for yourself.

Last edited:
I've been wanting to do this too. I just want to drive it for 5-10 minutes to confirm what other people have been saying about it. I wanted to contact owners on Turo to see if they can rent by the hour, but there's no contact info available. Maybe we all could chip it and make it worthwhile for the owner? :)
Pass the liability to the OP now for any Turo issues?

There’s no free lunch to be found here. :)

Good point there. But there were some really nice people on here that offered test drive to some others for free. I really respect them for their kindness.