Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Current Owners make new reservation in 2018?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did reserve a second 3 after taking delivery of the first. No invitation. I am keeping the second reservation to upgrade to AWD performance when this becomes available. As far as I know, I am at the back of the line.

Reactions: preilly44
Got a current owner brother from another mother who reserved online on 2/17, 3 weeks ago from today.
I keep bugging him to check on when I, sorry when HE can configure...

We are in a similar situation, mine is a family member
Did not make new reservation in 2018, but 3 days after picking up a new MS 2 weeks ago I got invite to configure for my 2016 online reservation.

Gratz!

The email from the reservation as of last week does still indeed state that current owners as a thank you get a bump in line, so I am wondering if anyone reserved in 2018 and got a configuration email within a few weeks, months etc?
For what it's worth, as an existing owner, I decided to put in a deposit back on March 1st this year. Still considering other EVs but might be interested in the AWD, so figure i might as well put the deposit down and get in line. it has me down as late 2018 and it seems the boat has passed for owners getting the LR RWD PUP early as that is showing as late 2018 as well.

It appears was the cutoff was around 2/7-2/14. S/X owners reserving after that date not seeming to get the rapid invite that the reservations before that date received.
Right about that time there were several reservations for sale at $3000 on Ebay and the like. It would not surprise me that Tesla found this and cut off the priority because of the "reservation scalping".

I reserved back on 4/1/ 2016 on line as a non-owner, I purchased a used S 75D and finally was able to add it to my account last Monday. I was in the May 2018 - Jul 2018 window and just received my invite to configure today (no email, just appeared when I logged into my account). Three to six weeks delivery for the LR/PUP configuration of mid 2018 for AWD and late 2018 for SR. It took one week to move my priority up.

For what it's worth, as an existing owner, I decided to put in a deposit back on March 1st this year. Still considering other EVs but might be interested in the AWD, so figure i might as well put the deposit down and get in line. it has me down as late 2018 and it seems the boat has passed for owners getting the LR RWD PUP early as that is showing as late 2018 as well.
the site and emails they send still say owners get a thank you bump. I would think they would remove that text if they changed anything. I just don't think a lot of invites have been going out period, prob from the late feb shutdown.. like a waterfall effect, then add in all the day one non owners I think they prob just did a chunk of those.. I am still holding out hope.

I was a first day reservation holder and a previous owner of a Model S. I've already received my my car in early March and it's been wonderful. So wonderful in fact that I've just reserved a second one for my business this time.

December 2014 - Received my Model S
March 2016 - Reserved
December 2017 - Returned my Model S (lease)
January 2018 - Ordered my LR Midnight Silver Model 3
March 2018 - Received Model 3 in NV. What a car.
16 March 2018 - Placed a reservation for a section Model 3. Currently says "Late 2018"

We'll see what happens.

Reactions: preilly44
I was a first day reservation holder and a previous owner of a Model S. I've already received my my car in early March and it's been wonderful. So wonderful in fact that I've just reserved a second one for my business this time.

December 2014 - Received my Model S
March 2016 - Reserved
December 2017 - Returned my Model S (lease)
January 2018 - Ordered my LR Midnight Silver Model 3
March 2018 - Received Model 3 in NV. What a car.
16 March 2018 - Placed a reservation for a section Model 3. Currently says "Late 2018"

We'll see what happens.
Keep us updated, I'm sure you saw your confirmation Email said you get the thank you bump, I just don't think many configuration emails are going out.