TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Any Dashcam Install Advice?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Muzzman1, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

Hi everyone,
    I know there's many Model S thread regarding Dashcam installs, as well as there have been a few Model X installs performed.
    I wonder if anyone knows if there's a constant 12V in the mirror on the MX, if not, where are people getting power for the camera when mounted behind the rearview mirror?

Any photo's or advice is welcome.

I'm planning a DIY thread next weekend on the install

2. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

@K-MTG has mentioned that he's got experience with personal installs of them on his Acura. He and I have a secret behind-the-forum handshake deal on me trading my sunshade for his help installing my Blackvue. But don't tell anyone.

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 2
  3. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Deal! I have a review posted on my channel, will post another video soon demonstrating the Blackvue Over the Cloud Feature.

On my Acura, it was a very simple install since the fuses are located under the dashboard. Not sure if I will do it myself or hire someone to do it, I recall a forum member got a clean install done for $300 at beach audio in Huntington Beach. It is more complicated on the X because of the panoramic windshield, falcon wing doors, and rear hatch.

4. DrTaras

DrTaras R254->R725->S1364-->X769

Looking for a picture of the DashCam on the FRONT windshield on a Model X. The pano-windshield provides challenges (as compared to a Model S or other 'mere-mortal' windshields) so looking for photo-documentation of placement. Thanx in advance o_O

• Like x 2
  5. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

@DrTaras I'm I. Porter ranch. So if you find a good installer let me know.
    I'm leaving town for a couple weeks but when I return I plan to attack this either with a professional or by myself. (Professional preferred)

6. DrTaras

DrTaras R254->R725->S1364-->X769

Since you ask, honestly, though I'm in Woodland Hills, I'll be going back to @Tsportline guys via AE54.com in WeHo who have done all my Teslas. I just wanted to give them some direction on this special windshield.
    PS-Just looked at another post where they put up some pix: Blackvue 650 (Dashcam) Group Buy - $310, including 32 Gig Card