TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Any data logging service that records supercharging rate?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by acarney, Sep 6, 2019.

1. acarney

acarney Member

I know there are a couple different options out there, Stats, TeslaFi, Teslastics, etc. Do any track your supercharging session and graph charge rate vs SOC, etc? Or do the people that post their supercharging graphs all do it by hand? (Either record the screen with a camera or cell phone or sit in the car and manually write down data points every minute or something?)

2. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

I use Tezlab...

They're tracking that.

3. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

This is what TeslaFi would show you. What you see is what you got from the web browser and there's no manual logging, no manual graphing needed:

If these graph and tables are too simplistic, there's a download option so you can get all those raw data and use it to do your own sophisticated graphing (I don't know how and I don't try it!)

[​IMG]

4. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

To compare, this is what Tezlab shows you since it is an app, not a browser, I am not sure there's an option to download raw data to create your own graph. TeslaFi above shows my highest Supercharger power intake is 117kW and then it tapers down (V3 can go to 250kW) but Tezlab doesn't show that below:

[​IMG]

5. agreenfi

agreenfi Member

Here is a supercharge session logged by TeslaMate.

charge-details.png

6. acarney

acarney Member

Can you export that raw data as an excel file or csv file? (Or at least remove some of those lines so the graph is only plotting time, SOC, and charge rate?)

7. agreenfi

agreenfi Member

Yep, the graph is completely interactive through a web app called Grafana. Here it is with just those metrics selected:

upload_2019-9-7_19-54-55.png

8. acarney

acarney Member

That’s perfect!!! It’s easy to read and covers the key stuff I want now with what looks like plenty of information if I want to dig deeper down the road!