Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any deals going on for Gen3 Tesla home chargers? I plan to get one for my home charging, Im in San jose CA area.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious why everyone wants a "home charger". I've been using a regular 220 volt outlet for the past ten years with no problems, and it always has my car charged by morning. The outlet cost me like about ten dollars, and the connector comes with the car, so what could be easier or cheaper? Of course, some people need to spend more, but they don't get a whole lot more, other than the ability to say, "Yeah, but my car charges twice as fast!" So your car is charged by 1AM and mine is full by 3. Big deal.

• Disagree
Reactions: Vin_L and Enadler
I'm curious why everyone wants a "home charger". I've been using a regular 220 volt outlet for the past ten years with no problems, and it always has my car charged by morning. The outlet cost me like about ten dollars, and the connector comes with the car, so what could be easier or cheaper? Of course, some people need to spend more, but they don't get a whole lot more, other than the ability to say, "Yeah, but my car charges twice as fast!" So your car is charged by 1AM and mine is full by 3. Big deal.

Has this issue not been hashed out enough? Convenience, appearance, faster charging, fewer points of failure, keep mobile connector in car, weather tight, ability to load share, personal preference, the list goes on. Recommending people buy $10 Leviton (and similar) receptacles is a disservice because of their documented poor build quality. At least recommend the $50 receptacle that has substantially better build quality.

You're basically asking why anyone would buy a Performance 3/Y or Plaid over a long range...." Yeah it's faster but who needs that? Big deal!"

I prefer to keep my Mobil Charger in the car, thats why i have the wall connector….Good for you for using it your way for 10 years

I'm with you. I already have a 6-50 plug in the garage for a welder. My local municipality, offers a rebate less than the cost of the charger itself.

The outlet cost me like about ten dollars, and the connector comes with the car, so what could be easier or cheaper? Of course, some people need to spend more, but they don't get a whole lot more
Ah, now you're back to your old self. Every post I see from you on this forum is about doing this the cheap way--at least a couple of times a week I see you post that.

So I about fell out of my chair when I saw you post this in another thread:

"I've never been a fan of doing things based on how much money I'd save but rather how good the job got done."

I thought someone had taken over your account, since it was so out of character for you.