Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any deliveries on RWD upgraded to AWD orders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious to see how many out there originally ordered a RWD and upgraded to AWD and if they got deliveries.

I know there are a lot of reservation holders from 3/2019 who still haven't recieved theirs yet, but just curious how many people are in the same boat as me.

When I talked to a Tesla rep over the phone about a week ago, she mentioned that I should cancel my order and place a new one, because she's been seeing faster delivery times. I didn't want to lose my original pricing nor did I want to re-apply for financing. She also said "maybe your account is flagged differently because you originally ordered RWD" I originally ignored the last statement... but now i'm thinking this is more true?

I am also a original 3/19 order and have not had any communication directly from Tesla. I also don't want to loose my original pricing that would probably equal a 7K price increase. Tesla has had a $2,500 interest free loan from a lot of people and not even the courtesy to let us know what is going on with our orders or let us upgrade at old pricing. I have also completed all steps and am waiting on a VIN like you. I actually sold my Ms a few months ago because when I completed everything online the website stated they were drafting our final contract. I am guessing that we will probably get our cars when they start manufacturing the regular RWD, or Tesla will just cancel them. Like you No idea.

I am also a original 3/19 order and have not had any communication directly from Tesla. I also don't want to loose my original pricing that would probably equal a 7K price increase. Tesla has had a $2,500 interest free loan from a lot of people and not even the courtesy to let us know what is going on with our orders or let us upgrade at old pricing. I have also completed all steps and am waiting on a VIN like you. I actually sold my Ms a few months ago because when I completed everything online the website stated they were drafting our final contract. I am guessing that we will probably get our cars when they start manufacturing the regular RWD, or Tesla will just cancel them. Like you No idea.

Yeah... thats messed up. I upgraded my from RWD to AWD about a month or 2 ago and literally still haven't heard anything. (not even the email "everybody" got) They were nice enough to honor the lower AWD pricing.

Yeah... thats messed up. I upgraded my from RWD to AWD about a month or 2 ago and literally still haven't heard anything. (not even the email "everybody" got) They were nice enough to honor the lower AWD pricing.

I am glad that they gave you the lower price. I asked and they said NO and my order would revert to current pricing. This type of customer service scares me as a stock holder especially as other companies ramp up.