Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any DFW owners have their drive units replaced?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

cab

Sep 5, 2013
Grapevine, TX
Hello all,

Have any of you local DFW area owners had your drive units replaced and if so, what was the reason (i.e. clunk, millimg, mosquito, outright failure, etc.) and did you get any pushback from the Dalllas service centers (vs. them doing it w/o issue)?

Thanks!

Thanks guys. Definitely hoping they replace for the clunk or at least "fix" it somehow. It is loud and embarrassing. Heck, I was in a fast food drive thru the other day and had the window rolled down as I moved forward and heard it echoing against the wall. I actually jumpd it was so dang loud.

Taurus - any "pushback" from the service centers? I am experiencing the drive unit "clunk" and have an appointment for this Thursday at the Dallas service center to get it looked at.

No pushbacks although I went almost three times for the second one. First two times they told me the noise was very minimal. I never had any problem with it.

The last one started becoming really loud before service center actually replaced it.