Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any DI.FM listeners here? (Premium radio via custom URL)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m a long time premium subscriber of the AudioAddict network which is a collection of streaming music radio stations (di.fm, radiotunes, rockradio, etc)
The way they solve universal hardware support is they give you a custom URL for each channel that you can paste into any streaming media player. TuneIn lets me do so, and my premium stations are visible under favorites on the Tesla main screen. However, none of them actually play in the car. I just get a tunein loading error.
Anyone else with this problem?

The whole streaming situation is a dumpster fire, especially when it comes to podcasts. It forgets where you are, you have no way to listen from oldest-to-newest, no way to keep track of ones you listened to.

The Slacker/Spotify interfaces are like the bare-minimum. It's really an embarrassment they charge $10/mo for it.

Your best bet is just bluetooth from your phone and do what you need to on the phone.

I’m a long time premium subscriber of the AudioAddict network which is a collection of streaming music radio stations (di.fm, radiotunes, rockradio, etc)
The way they solve universal hardware support is they give you a custom URL for each channel that you can paste into any streaming media player. TuneIn lets me do so, and my premium stations are visible under favorites on the Tesla main screen. However, none of them actually play in the car. I just get a tunein loading error.
Anyone else with this problem?

i don't think they're ever going to fix this. i reported it when i first got my car on july 30, 2018 and then in early august tune in lost a crap ton of stations, as i was trying to use it as a workaround for those lost stations. it's been two years with no movement.

i'm extremely intrigued by the script idea though, i'm going to have to play around with that a bit more after work.

so i've figured out how to tinker with the script to load other URLs, but it won't play them (they just sit and spin on the loading icon). i'm guessing it has to do with the connection header, as on the di.fm it's keep-alive and on the URLs i'm trying to play it's close.

if anyone has any greater knowledge of a potential way around that, i'm all ears...

so i've figured out how to tinker with the script to load other URLs, but it won't play them (they just sit and spin on the loading icon). i'm guessing it has to do with the connection header, as on the di.fm it's keep-alive and on the URLs i'm trying to play it's close.

What software version is your car on? Mine loads TuneIn favorites (stations that are part of TuneIn) but none of the custom URL favorites show up.