Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Dog Guard / Pet Barrier Suggestions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I have both a cover for my trunk that has straps that go over the back seats and a hammock style for the back seat that has straps that go over the front seats. I like the hammock style best because my dog stays cooler. All can be found on Amazon. Suggest you search this forum for tons of posts and pictures on this topic.

Thanks for the response, MSNOW. I did find plenty of posts on the forum recommending seat covers, hammocks, and home made liners for the trunk, but I am looking for a proper metal dog guard like you would find in a Range Rover or BMW. Any ideas? I suppose that I am looking for a recommendation from someone that has bought a MS custom fit or 'universal' metal dog guard that fitted nicely in their MS?

Attachments

• RRS Dog Guard.JPG
    RRS Dog Guard.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 348
I don't have a Model S (would love one), so not sure if this will "fit". I use this in my Infiniti SUV and love it. If the rear head rests have posts that this can attach too it should work. I like this style vs the floor/roof type as they usually take up too much precious space.

(Based on some limited googling, it may not work as I can't seem to find any model s rear headrest pics showing them extending up exposing a metal post these would attach too. If they do go up exposing a metal post, give it a shot.)

Amazon.com : Walky Guard Adjustable Car Barrier for Pet Automotive Safety : Dog Barrier For Suv : Pet Supplies

Thanks for the response, MSNOW. I did find plenty of posts on the forum recommending seat covers, hammocks, and home made liners for the trunk, but I am looking for a proper metal dog guard like you would find in a Range Rover or BMW. Any ideas? I suppose that I am looking for a recommendation from someone that has bought a MS custom fit or 'universal' metal dog guard that fitted nicely in their MS?

I saw one guy who had built his own metal guard which looked quite decent. I'll try to find it, but you might keep searching as well. I believe it was all custom and it took him a day or two.

Cool, ours name was Molly and she went to heaven a few years ago...still miss my little girl.

This would be "NikeWings of Victory From The Great State of South Dakota" Its a mouthful but I was pressed for something more 'hunter-like' than Nike, so I gave her an extension to placate the SD breeder. So, how does this relate to Pet barriers.....um well, she doesn't have one. LOL Maybe I'll find one here! :D

I saw one guy who had built his own metal guard which looked quite decent. I'll try to find it, but you might keep searching as well. I believe it was all custom and it took him a day or two.
Any luck finding it? I need to make something too but it requires a ton of creativity as I can't find anywhere in the car where I could attach a rope or something.

I was looking for something like this for my X, but just ended up leashing our Golden Retriever in the way back.

He loves it back there and learned how to handle the leash right away.

He no longer struggles to get up front. When we used a barrier, he spent most of his time struggling to get through it. Would whine, claw and push until he could squeeze his way up front. The leash cured all this immediately.

We worried a bit about him getting strangled by the leash, but he is so calm now we feel it is better for him.