Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any electric skateboard or bike fans? (or other electric ridable)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love my Tesla so much. And since we have solar it made me replace most of my yard tools with electric ones. It was only a matter of time before I started replacing my skateboard and bike. So far I just replaced the skateboard, and I LOVE it.

it's an all-terrain skateboard, so I mostly like to ride on trails:

This weekend I was playing around with a 360 camera while riding:

Does anyone else ride an electric skateboard or bike or other ridable? I'm especially curious what bikes people have since next year I'll be looking into that...

We use a OneWheel for our last mile trips. Parking at a Supercharger now for us takes so little time. If we plan on getting some essentials or carryout we have to get a move on. Many locations for our desired taste might be a 15-20 minute walk one way. I can be there in no time with a OneWheel. I wear a helmet at all times and wrist guards(at a minimum).

Not cheap, but we primarily use them on single track and dirt road riding not just as Tesla transport. For singletrack we are some speed between a walker and a runner. Goes about 15-17 miles for the XR and tops out at 20mph. I do curb drops and tricks in parking lots, and usually get "that is sick" from teens and younger adults. Security even tells me they are cool, but stay away from mall entrances.

Little bit of caution. You will crash. It hurts. You will get back up and on it as it is so much fun. Just wear the gear. Always. Even to the mailbox to get the mail.

www.onewheel.com

If you are really bored. Try watching and creating this out of a Yeti cooler.

• Love
Reactions: TORQU3 and Watts_Up
We use a OneWheel for our last mile trips. Parking at a Supercharger now for us takes so little time. If we plan on getting some essentials or carryout we have to get a move on. Many locations for our desired taste might be a 15-20 minute walk one way. I can be there in no time with a OneWheel. I wear a helmet at all times and wrist guards(at a minimum).

Not cheap, but we primarily use them on single track and dirt road riding not just as Tesla transport. For singletrack we are some speed between a walker and a runner. Goes about 15-17 miles for the XR and tops out at 20mph. I do curb drops and tricks in parking lots, and usually get "that is sick" from teens and younger adults. Security even tells me they are cool, but stay away from mall entrances.

Little bit of caution. You will crash. It hurts. You will get back up and on it as it is so much fun. Just wear the gear. Always. Even to the mailbox to get the mail.

www.onewheel.com

If you are really bored. Try watching and creating this out of a Yeti cooler.

I thought about getting a OneWheel before getting the skateboard earlier this year. But we already have a decent self-balancing shooter, and I'm in my 50s so I don't want to break any bones. It does look like a lot of fun, though.

Funny that you mentioned the protective gear, I do usually wear it. When I'm skateboarding, I just wear the helmet. If I'm rollerblading, I'll also wear wrist guards. Of course in that second video I posted I'm not wearing anything...

I bought a pair of Gotrax Xr ultras early spring and just last month picked up some esk8’s. Bustin is mine and Backfire is for my younger daughter. Wish I picked up the esk8’s earlier....as it’s getting cold here now. :(. I really like the double drop deck on the Bustin feels very similar to the regular Bustin nomad that I have too.

07EF0B87-3A18-4516-82D4-523CD11F0978.jpeg
CF864800-B2B1-40C7-8C4F-E7A466A45D02.jpeg
967AF73D-693C-43AB-82D6-937894A5F4FD.jpeg
872301D5-A691-4F77-8704-D2A18382DCBB.jpeg
90A0B2A0-10A5-4AD1-837E-6D9FF345A1F8.jpeg

Last edited:
I like the Onewheel, it's a lot of fun, easy to carry and the smaller version Pint is TSA approved.

OneWheel_Pint_Sage_600.jpg

I noticed on this forum some Tesla fans recommending the Gocycle which is a folding and minimalistic looking electrical bicycle.

I found the design quite innovative in particular because of the PitstopWheels easy to remove and the protected chain.

However I tested in a local shop and found the position quite awkward.

This Gocycle is easy to fold which makes it practical to keep in the trunk, however I would be interested in more traditional type of bike.

Home10-des-compressor.jpg

I am mostly a road bike so I am more used to lie on a bike than to seat on it like on a chair.

The electrical Trek Domane race bike would be more the type of bike I would like for my commute while still doing some cardio exercise.

DomanePlusHP_20_30931_A_Portrait

Last edited:
Reactions: Rothgarr
Boosted Board - Longboard
Surron Black edition - Bike/Motorcycle
Lift 5’0” - Efoil
All powered by the sun!

Love them all but the Efoil is my newest fav! What else is out there that I need?
Same here, all our toys powered by solar.

Wish I could get a Ranger X3 to replace my X2. I'd also like to get a eBike of some sorts.

But if I had to choose, I'm saving up for a ground effect kit for my Model 3...

I converted my 700C Schwinn to a 1200W e-bike. It's awesome. I have it limited to about 20 mph, but it'll actually do close to 35. It runs about 40-50 miles on a charge.

I did a rear wheel conversion because I thought FWD with most of the weight in the back would be hard to control, and I'm glad I did. the controller, basic tools, and a hand pump are in the bag on the top bar, and all of the cables are hidden. So besides the big battery on the back, it looks like a normal bike.

We have a ton of bike paths in my city, and I use it all the time to get to downtown, restaurants, etc for free parking. I threw some Continental e-bike rated tires on it with heavy duty tubes to support the extra weight, and it's been very reliable so far.

3k2JY7W.jpg

• Love
I converted my 700C Schwinn to a 1200W e-bike. It's awesome.
I have it limited to about 20 mph, but it'll actually do close to 35. It runs about 40-50 miles on a charge.
I did a rear wheel conversion because I thought FWD with most of the weight in the back would be hard to control, and I'm glad I did.
the controller, basic tools, and a hand pump are in the bag on the top bar, and all of the cables are hidden.
So besides the big battery on the back, it looks like a normal bike.
We have a ton of bike paths in my city, and I use it all the time to get to downtown, restaurants, etc for free parking. I threw some Continental e-bike rated tires on it with heavy duty tubes to support the extra weight, and it's been very reliable so far.
Great conversion. I would be interested to get a list of the components that you used,
and any articles or YouTube video providing some installation details.
In particular if you had to install any kind of pedal assist mechanism, which seems the tricky part?

Great conversion. I would be interested to get a list of the components that you used,
and any articles or YouTube video providing some installation details.
In particular if you had to install any kind of pedal assist mechanism, which seems the tricky part?

There were three components to buy - the conversion kit, the battery, and a bag for the controller.

I bought the actual kit from Ebikeling....it's good quality stuff, best I could find for the price. You can do FWD if you're staying at 500W or below, but I would strongly recommend RWD: Ebikeling Electric Bicycles and Ebike Conversion Kits
I bought the battery on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VYJD6J9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Same with the Bag. I cut a small hole in the top near the back to run the controller/power wires into: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QM4X22Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The actual installation is super easy, only takes an hour or so. Everything is plug and play. I do suggest getting heavy duty inner tubes just because you're adding a decent amount of weight and going faster than you probably did before.

I actually didn't install the pedal assist, because I didn't intend to use it. I basically never pedal myself. You don't have to install it for the kit to function.

Here's a video guide:

There were three components to buy - the conversion kit, the battery, and a bag for the controller.

I bought the actual kit from Ebikeling....it's good quality stuff, best I could find for the price. You can do FWD if you're staying at 500W or below, but I would strongly recommend RWD: Ebikeling Electric Bicycles and Ebike Conversion Kits
I bought the battery on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VYJD6J9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Same with the Bag. I cut a small hole in the top near the back to run the controller/power wires into: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QM4X22Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The actual installation is super easy, only takes an hour or so. Everything is plug and play. I do suggest getting heavy duty inner tubes just because you're adding a decent amount of weight and going faster than you probably did before.

I actually didn't install the pedal assist, because I didn't intend to use it. I basically never pedal myself. You don't have to install it for the kit to function.

Here's a video guide:
Thank you for all the information !!!

Whoa !!! 50 km/h (30 miles/h), I remember going that fast going down the hill, but the front wheel was shaking like hell ...

Bike Conversion .jpg

lunacyle.com of the USA is a great company and an OEM. The Sur Ron / Segway motorbike is a fantastic creation. Made in China it offers a 2kw battery pack and 110 lb weight. Compare to ICe motorbikes at 240lbs minimum. It's a fantastic value at $3600 and Fred Lambert owns one if you want a review. It has Pana 18650 cells.

For DIYers the best place is Aliexpress.com The lowest prices of the year are on now for a week with their 11/11 sale.

It's worth noting people have been making personal electric flight machines for about 8 years now as displayed on youtube. But for most of us, it's best to build an electric bicycle from the old 135mm rear axle QR mountain bike era. Then add a 1500 to 3000 watt electric bike kit can make a super fun and fast ride. 1500 watts nominal has yielded me a 69kph peak and about 65kph on my present ride. A great place to start is a 1000watt kit from amazon, ebay, or best yet from China.

Another essential site is hobbyking.com which offers state of the art battery technology with known characteristics.

Reactions: Watts_Up