TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Any Emails from Tesla?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by arondaniel, Oct 16, 2011.

1. arondaniel

arondaniel Il Sessanta Caricato

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has received an October newsletter from Tesla yet. Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything. 18 months is a long time to wait. It's hard to maintain this level of excitement so I hope they keep the information flowing.

Another event for newer reservation holders would be great...

-Aron

2. Mycroft

Mycroft Life happens

If their history is any guide, we won't see much from those guys until they're ready to reveal interior options and pricing. They're clueless about keeping buzz alive. :(

3. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

It's been 2 weeks since the gigantic factory event and only 7-10 days since many of the post-event articles have come out. How much more buzz in a month are you looking for?

4. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Agreed. They JUST released the HD videos and auto blog green just ran the story on them today. Then you've got Model X in the next month to month and a half, and then the beginning of 2012 will have lots of tidbits running up to final deliveries.

They should be fine.

5. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

ANOTHER event? Wow. The one they just held was amazing. I didn't expect anything at all. I fear you're going to be very disappointed ...

6. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Yeah. I definitely wouldn't expect anything until the car is actually 100% complete. Maybe in the spring they might have a launch party or something.

7. ahimberg

ahimberg Member

No newsletter, just an invite to the Bellevue, WA store opening in a few weeks

8. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I guess they heard you loud and clear. Got a newsletter just now. Nothing new or significant. A little about "Revenge of the electric car" and the Model S beta.

9. Zextraterrestrial

E-mails

Do customer service e-mails ever get responses to questions?

I know there may have been a bunch of questions after the factory tour, and my questions are probably going to be answered as soon as the whole design is final, but whether or not to upgrade to a Sig is kind of based on a few factors... besides the money issue.

10. Mycroft

Mycroft Life happens

I think it would be best to call the Menlo Park store and talk with a sales rep directly.

11. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

#11 Doug_G, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
    Just got an email newsletter from Tesla. It talks about Revenge of the Electric Car, and some links to media coverage about the Beta.

12. Zextraterrestrial

I was there talking to reps a while ago and they didn't know much back then (mar 2010?), before I put a deposit. I'd hope they have more information now. Back then they(reps) didn't even know too much about the Roadster. Not owning/having a cell phone is one of my concerns w/ the S. I just thought that responding to e-mails shouldn't be that hard...at least a courtesy response.
    So, that my only less than awesome experience w/ Tesla.

I guess I'll spin the old wheel on the phone eh.

13. Zextraterrestrial

Awesome!

.....shortly after from TM : )

Hi Scott,

I saw on the forums that you were having trouble having some questions answered, and wanted to reach out to see what we can do to make sure we are able to keep in touch. When you have a moment, can you tell me what email address had you used for this request?

Also, please feel free to reach out to me personally with any questions you may have for us.

Best regards,

Dan

14. KBF

KBF Model S 2017

Yes - I've found the customer service emails get responded to fairly quickly compared to some other companies I deal with. I've recently sent feedback about the betas as well as a question or two about Canadian production and they answered as thoroughly as they could (and say they really appreciate feeback!)

15. Mycroft

Mycroft Life happens

Hooray! At least Dan is on the ball. Now if they could just get someone to pay attention to their website. :(

16. jimbakker666

jimbakker666 Member

Yep, I got the same newsletter today.