Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Existing EV owner switch to Model3 or S/X ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I own an 2015 Nissan Leaf SL, and looking forward to getting my Model3? (this summer? god bless).

Anyone else out there in Canada? Let's share our desperate ...

Anyone has already switched from another EV to S or X? I like know your experience on trading in vs private sale.

Thanks..

Tesla does not resale the cars traded in to it directly.
A third party reviews the trade-in vehicle and appraises the wholesale auction value.
Tesla takes the top bid and that's it, no negotiation.

We traded a Mercedes in for the Model S and the experience was reasonable, in that the value we received was thousands less than private sale, but the tax benefits of trading vs selling private made the transaction a wash, and worth it for the convenience.

I own a new Smart Electric, I bought my original 2013 Smart ED and it quickly converted my wife into an EV advocate, making the Model S purchase a natural progression.

My story:
Smart ED and CPO Tesla S85 in Toronto

Went from Volt to a 2016 Kia Soul Luxury EV and ended up keeping the Kia as an A to B vehicle, was offered only $10,000 for it. I was already debating if I should keep it since I didn't really want to take my new X for errands & groceries so all good.

Tesla does not resale the cars traded in to it directly.
...I own a new Smart Electric, I bought my original 2013 Smart ED and it quickly converted my wife into an EV advocate, making the Model S purchase a natural progression.

My story:
Smart ED and CPO Tesla S85 in Toronto

Oh, clever @SmartElectric - buy the simple Smart car EV and seed the case with your significant other for a high-end dream Tesla! Oh no, wait, "...a natural progression...": makes it sound like the only logical thing to do.
;)

Reactions: SmartElectric