Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any experience with cars being returned post repairs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies if there is another thread on this or better forum. If so, please move.

I heard this evening that my M3 is now repaired having broken down on Saturday and towed on Monday.

Does anyone have any experience of Tesla returning vehicles to you in this circumstance rather than needing to go to collect? A rental from Enterprise only turned up at 5pm today and so I’ve been unable to get to the office for three days and don’t want to lose another couple of hours on the return trip to the service centre.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

You have to collect it. They will not "ship" to you. My car's only been in the shop twice in the 3 years I've had it but I had to drive 3.5 hours to the nearest SC to get it fixed, then drive the loaner back home...then drive the loaner back to the SC, pick up my car and another 3.5 hours back home. In other words, I have to take a day off work to deliver my car to them and another day to go down and collect it.

Thanks for the reply. In the end I needed to collect the car myself, but they sent a GoZero driver in an M3 to collect me. Shame they forgot to put the card key in my car or to clean the mess around the area they were servicing. 🤦‍♂️