Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

benjiejr

Technogeekextraordinaire
Nov 20, 2014
San Antonio, Texas
I plan to meet with Premier Solar as a possible candidate to install solar panels on my residential roof in San Antonio, TX. They have offices in Arizona, California, Nevada, South Carolina, and Texas. I can't seem to find any reviews and/or experiences about this company so just wondering if anyone here has heard of them or had any experience with them.

This is their website:
Premier Solar Solutions is a National Leader in Residential Solar

This is Premier Solar Solutions on BBB with an A+ rating and no complaints:
BBB Accredited Business Review for Premier Solar Solutions

Solar Reviews does not have any reviews for this company (they have some reviews for a similarly named company, but I don't believe it is the same company):
Premier Solar Solutions Reviews | Premier Solar Solutions Cost | Premier Solar Solutions solar panels, locations and complaints

Thanks in advance!

I just saw a quote from Premier for $6/watt. Based on that I would say, 'Stay away'!!! They are using 285w LG Panels.

First, I paid around $4/watt (before both Fed and State credits) for my system over two years ago, and that's in California. Second, the vendor used LG Mono X panels (275W). Performance has been excellent and I will actually generate more power by the end of this year than in the previous year. After doing my homework, I opt'd for SolarEdge optimizers and one larger SolarEdge inverter (for two strings), which will allow me to add another 20% of solar generation if I need it. No perceptible degradation of panel output over two years. No, I would not pay $6/watt but I would buy LG Mono X panels again!

I'm currently filling up my S75 to 90% weekly with one day's worth of power generation.

Last edited:
I plan to meet with Premier Solar as a possible candidate to install solar panels on my residential roof in San Antonio, TX. They have offices in Arizona, California, Nevada, South Carolina, and Texas. I can't seem to find any reviews and/or experiences about this company so just wondering if anyone here has heard of them or had any experience with them.

This is their website:
Premier Solar Solutions is a National Leader in Residential Solar

This is Premier Solar Solutions on BBB with an A+ rating and no complaints:
BBB Accredited Business Review for Premier Solar Solutions

Solar Reviews does not have any reviews for this company (they have some reviews for a similarly named company, but I don't believe it is the same company):
Premier Solar Solutions Reviews | Premier Solar Solutions Cost | Premier Solar Solutions solar panels, locations and complaints

Thanks in advance!

Everyone calls themselves a "Premier Solution". Hogwash. Get lots of references from clients that have used them.
Same goes for BBB IMO. I have previously complained to BBB about another solar company "bait and switch" tactics and it went nowhere. Think about it; BBB members PAY DUES! Do you think BBB wants to lose members? The fact that your prospective company has few or no reviews may not be significant, but I wouldn't go with anyone that hasn't done dozens of installations with plenty of local references to match. For Texas, even San Antonio, their prices seem high to me. LG 285w panels have come down in price but they are good panels, at least IMO.

To some extent, it's still the wild, wild west for solar opportunists. Everyone wants to cash in! My system is installed on the ground because I have plenty of space. I didn't want any installer punching holes in my roof for obvious reasons. Try and find these guys when you roof starts leaking five years down the road.