Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Experience with SunTek tint and bra products?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have had it on our S for three years and have been happy with it. Getting our front done on our X on Fri. *BTW, I would recommend doing the full hood vs. partial wrap. Especially on a dark color as you will be able to see the line when there is any dirt/dust. Our S had the factory applied protection back when they offered it and was partial hood and immediately regretted it as it was very visible so had it removed and redone with SunTek.

We have had it on our S for three years and have been happy with it. Getting our front done on our X on Fri. *BTW, I would recommend doing the full hood vs. partial wrap. Especially on a dark color as you will be able to see the line when there is any dirt/dust. Our S had the factory applied protection back when they offered it and was partial hood and immediately regretted it as it was very visible so had it removed and redone with SunTek.

Thanks so much for that advice on the full hood! I'll take your advice. Hoping to take delivery before my July vacation and will have it done while I'm away.

Reactions: irishstoutaz
I know most of the folks here are from Utah, but just wanted to run this by you all since you are familiar with SunTek and getting it installed. Since it sounds like I should be getting my X in a couple of weeks, I'm shopping around for getting the vehicle wrapped. I thought about getting the whole vehicle wrapped, but that's turning out to be too expensive. Here's the estimate I got from a highly recommended detailer/installer in the DC metro area I live in:

SunTek full-front clear bra (including side mirrors) - $1700.00
Opti Coat Pro Plus (entire vehicle) - $900
Vehicle Prep Fee (getting ready for all this) - $600
SunTek Setback Protection (optional) - $150/seat

I'm definitely leaning against doing the seat protection, because we don't have kids and most of the time the passengers would be adults. I was told by the installer that he didn't recommend it, only because it doesn't really stop fingerprints, just makes it easier to wipe off...not really worth it according to him and installation is a pain (thus the high price per seat).

Basically, $3200 for SunTek full-front and the Opti Coat Pro Plus on the entire vehicle. Is this reasonable and worth doing? I've shopped around to some of the local places that do this type of work and recommended by SunTek or Opti Coat (from their websites), and this seems to be the better of the prices I've been quoted...not necessarily the cheapest quote, but I'm also considering reputation of the installer and the type of cars they work on. They have done other Teslas and a few X's recently. I know that the prices are probably relative to where I live, but wanted to get some feedback from those that had experience with the products and pricing I'm getting.

TiA!

Seems reasonable for the work. I think you will be pleased. I have questioned whether I really needed my seat backs done; but my parents say that theirs are already scuffed from moving things and driving teenagers and adults around.

Opti-Coat Pro in SoCal was $500 on top of $500 for paint correction. Caveat: this was 18 months ago.

I will keep SunTek in mind for a hood, front clip, and fenders wrap for the next chariot. There's not a mark on the rest of the car after 55,000 miles, but it's only been 18 months. I can't remember how much Xpel was, but it was enough that if I do get it done, it'll be in Arkansas or Alabama or Florida - Not California or Washington.

I know most of the folks here are from Utah, but just wanted to run this by you all since you are familiar with SunTek and getting it installed. Since it sounds like I should be getting my X in a couple of weeks, I'm shopping around for getting the vehicle wrapped. I thought about getting the whole vehicle wrapped, but that's turning out to be too expensive. Here's the estimate I got from a highly recommended detailer/installer in the DC metro area I live in:

SunTek full-front clear bra (including side mirrors) - $1700.00
Opti Coat Pro Plus (entire vehicle) - $900
Vehicle Prep Fee (getting ready for all this) - $600
SunTek Setback Protection (optional) - $150/seat

Just note that most of the help Suntek provided on my Model S has been on the rear bumper and rear quarter panels. Opti-Coat won't help with that. I'm glad I did every painted surface.