Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any experiences with Tesla certified collision repair centers recently in So. CT ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need mild front end body work on my 2022 Red Model Y. Have 2 quotes, roughly the same, from Tesla certified collision repair centers in No. Haven and Stamford. Haven't check with Hartford's location, yet. Anyone very satisfied, or dissatisfied with the work that was completed? Concerned about the color blending. Red is multi-coat and always tough to blend. Current repair backlog is 6 wks for Stamford location and 12 wks in North Haven, the 12 wks seems a bit extreme to me. Thanks!

C, I haven't used centers in CT, but I recently had insurance repairs done for a rear end collision at a Tesla certified body shop in North Jersey. The experience was very good. I have a gray MYP so maybe matching the paint wasn't as difficult as your Red one. The owner was quite detailed about explaining to me the process they go through to make sure that the paint on replaced parts matches the adjoining panels and that this can sometimes add "repair time" to the process. My car was back in 3 days after dropping it off and it looked great. No issues and no backlog for working on Teslas, although that is a growing part of his business. Good luck with your repair.

C, I haven't used centers in CT, but I recently had insurance repairs done for a rear end collision at a Tesla certified body shop in North Jersey. The experience was very good. I have a gray MYP so maybe matching the paint wasn't as difficult as your Red one. The owner was quite detailed about explaining to me the process they go through to make sure that the paint on replaced parts matches the adjoining panels and that this can sometimes add "repair time" to the process. My car was back in 3 days after dropping it off and it looked great. No issues and no backlog for working on Teslas, although that is a growing part of his business. Good luck with your repair.
Much appreciated, Luvtoride. Gonna pursue the repair, after I return from upcoming travel. They estimated 5 business days, and they explained over half of that time alone is due to the multi-coat paint process. I'd rather leave it an extra day or 2 to make it right vs. getting it back faster and not perfect.

Reactions: Luvtoride