TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Any experiences with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3's

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Firewired, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Firewired

Firewired Member

Hi, I have read a lot of positive reviews about the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3's. Could you please share any experiences pro/con of them on the Model S?

Thanks

2. Firewired

Firewired Member

Doc, looking at the test results graphs in the link you provided is pretty impressive. My OEM 21" tires come with the PS2s, and my prior all time favorite tire is the Pilot Super Sport. I was considering down sizing to 145/45 - R19, and it would seem that the Michelin Pilot Super Sports A/S 3s may be the best of all worlds where they act like a performance tire, but with the tread life of an all season tire. From what you have seen, have you tested Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 against other Michelin Performance tires?

3. The Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 surprised nearly everyone by coming darn close to matching the dry and wet grip of the Pilot Sport PS2 in our initial tests, but they are behind most of the comparable High performance All Season tires when it comes to snow traction;

See the test video (snow) here !

as3insnow.jpg

Our tests were performed (as usual) in our BMW 3 series (RWD) sedans for reference.

I don't think we still have the data from the "All Season vs. Summer" test, but I'll check on Monday !

4. DougH

DougH Active Member

They are very loud on Oregon roads. I prefer the quietness of the Conti's.

5. Firewired

Firewired Member

Douglas, which Contis are using?