Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any first hand experience with Tesla trade values with a low milage Tesla with extra purchased via the app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly why my about to be delivered MY does not have FSD (plus I'm really not sure what good it is!). If I want it, I can rent it for $200 a month, and given I expect to trade it in 2 years I would probably come out way ahead dollar wise by spending the $200 rental rather than take the hit on a lowball offer (or a zero offer) on FSD when I do trade it.
at today market price for FSD, $12000, it will take full 60 months of the monthly subscription to make it even. If someone
1) not using the FSD on monthly basis, or
2) trade in the car before the 60 months mark

it is better to pay the monthly subscription whenever they need. I would do monthly subscription when I need, and I do not even know if I would be qualify for the "beta" driving as well.

at today market price for FSD, $12000, it will take full 60 months of the monthly subscription to make it even. If someone
1) not using the FSD on monthly basis, or
2) trade in the car before the 60 months mark

it is better to pay the monthly subscription whenever they need. I would do monthly subscription when I need, and I do not even know if I would be qualify for the "beta" driving as well.
That's not really true. Having FSD adds value when you sell it/trade it in. You are accounting $0 for that. It's probably about $5k assuming the price stays at $12k.