TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Any Floridians going to TESLIVE?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Larry Chanin, May 8, 2013.

1. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

Well, I finally broke down and made a reservation to attend TESLIVE.

On prior occasions I traveled with my wife to the Tesla Test Ride and GET AMPED events in California, and we had great times. However, so far the airfare for a convenient route (Sarasota to San Jose) is so expensive that she suggested that I travel alone this time. Depending on how geeky the break-out sessions turn out to be, I'm rationalizing that her sacrifice may actually be in her self interest. :redface:

TMC is checking with Tesla to see if it will be feasible to conduct factory tours, but this has not yet been confirmed so the date is currently unknown.

Any other Floridans planning on going?

Larry

2. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

I'm going Larry. Leaving TPA on Thursday and coming back Sunday.

3. Arnold Panz

Arnold Panz Model Sig 304, VIN 542

I'd love to but can't. It's visiting weekend at my kids' camp that weekend. Only weekend I couldn't make it this whole summer. :(

4. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

Not that I'm in FLA, but exact same problem for me. And I was hoping I could drive down, if they get the super chargers installed in time. Would love to meet everyone. This is so epic/monumental, what's happening right now.

5. Soflason

Soflason Member

Yes, details are slowly coming together and everything is still being finalized... but we're are planning on making the trip :biggrin:

6. TampaLiam

TampaLiam Secret Agent

I plan to be there.

7. rogbmw

rogbmw Member

I have been ask to show the Center Cap T stickers there, but have not decided if I'm going to go or not.

8. MissErol

MissErol Model S #9221

I would love to go. Still thinking about it. If anyone finds good airfares please let me know. I think this event will be historical in future Tesla gatherings to come.

9. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Welcome to TMC! Note that TESLIVE is now sold out but they do have a wait list for spots that may open up.

10. Rodolfo Paiz

Rodolfo Paiz P85 "Plug and Play"

I'm unable to go. I would have loved to do so, but as we mentioned earlier in another thread... by the time they announced the final dates I had all my other plans cast in concrete. Will have to enjoy the event vicariously through the rest of you.

11. Soflason

Soflason Member

It's official, we'll be there, more details here:
    Who should sponsor a Tesla partnered EVent? - Page 3

BTW, booked flights from MIA to SFO with Virgin America and they're offering very aggressive rates right now. They change every day, but, costs were about the same as travel from NYC.