Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any 'Founders' Out There?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked the registration folks what the value proposition of being a Founders' Circle member was (as, from time to time I will consider things like this); I didn't receive a great response. Basically, the response I got was a listing of the perks while she checked with some other folks (presumably the folks behind the program), and then I got a follow-up on how the funds would be used.

Special access, includes the following:

* VIP seating for General Session
* Special recognition announced during conference
* Meet & Greet Elon (Time to be confirmed)
* Factory tour priority
* VIP hospitality at hotel

...except we've already seen the other thread for the factory tour purely based on sign-up, and I've heard that an Elon meet & greet isn't confirmed -- perhaps that has changed. VIP hospitality at a hotel is nothing really special, and VIP seating at a 300-person conference? Meh.

So basically you'd pay $5k for the potential ability to say a few words with Elon. Value's simply not there, IMO. I also found the response to be a bit lacking -- I demonstrated interest and was basically given that bullet point list and an answer to my question that the $5k would go toward running this event and establishing a reserve for future events. There didn't seem to be much interest in selling me on the Founder's Circle benefits, something I would have thought would be quite a compelling opportunity when someone inquires about paying 20x the show rate for the "special" level. :shrug:

Beyond supporting the awesome folks at TMC, why did you take the leap? Tesla cookies on the pillows at night? An empty 18650 cell as a keychain?

Well, I signed on because, honestly, I feel like a founder and I don't mind giving back some of the money I've made. My assumption is that the money will help fund the up-front expenditures (like deposits on venue and catering). I don't really expect "value for money", but in my experience good things happen when you help things get going.

I signed on for about the same reasons as ggr. Tesla is a company I strongly believe in and I really want to support the community and i've been blessed with the financial capacity to do so. Providing extra funds to help get Teslive off the ground and become a long-running event is something I'm happy to support.

Also another perk is all your future registration costs to Teslive events are covered. :smile:

Well, I signed on because, honestly, I feel like a founder and I don't mind giving back some of the money I've made. My assumption is that the money will help fund the up-front expenditures (like deposits on venue and catering). I don't really expect "value for money", but in my experience good things happen when you help things get going.

Whenever you give back in whatever form, you're making an investment of your time or money. I invest for a return -- it could be a direct return to me, or a return to the community, or a mix of both. When I donate to charity, I like to know what my money is going to -- I won't donate to those charities where fundraising overhead is above 50% (we had one local nonprofit who used a professional fundraiser who kept 88% of collections!!), and I look to invest where the community gets the bulk of the impact. (Note that I use this as an example of bad charity behavior / bad investments, and am not reflecting that on Teslive.)

I look for passion and interest. When I asked how the funds were going to be used, I received what felt like an uninterested one-line answer via the registration proxy (who had told me she was checking with the program team) -- for whatever reason... no vision as to how my investment would change the event or future events, etc. I just felt like they weren't interested in a Founder's Circle investment from me.

As for all future registration costs to Teslive events being covered, that is indeed worthwhile and I can see that being of value, but who knows how much I can attend? :) My schedule barely made this one fit.

The Founder’s Circle was created to support the "grassroots" funding and ultimately the success of the first TMC/TESLIVE event which has a break-even budget.

The value proposition is in the following:

• Pride: Original founders of the first national owner-run event
  • Investment: Lifetime membership to TESLIVE (no charge for future events)
  • Recognition: Special acknowledgement on signage, onsite guide and gift
  • Access: Priority seating and factory tour
  • VIP: Hospitality suite

Unfortunately there won't be an official "meet & greet" with Elon, per se. Founders will have priority stage seating during the General Session and have the same access to Elon as all attendees. We apologize for not properly setting expectations.

There are a maximum of 20 Founder Circle memberships with 8 left. If anyone is interested in a Founder’s Circle membership, please contact TESLIVE with your email or phone number and the Event Director will personally contact you. Thank you for your interest.

There are 12 of us that have put our time, heart and/or funds into making this amazing event happen! I'm extremely proud of being part of the Founder's Circle. I think 5 FCs are from the SoCal Greenspeed (SCGS) Tesla Owners Club in Southern California. Nicely represent'in! The Tesla craze is gaining momentum and continues to move faster, stronger, bigger....I'm in for the ride!

Wow, I must have missed something. I wasn't contacted nor saw an opportunity to become a founder for the TesLive. I think I would have seriously considered it but don't know anything about it. Can someone point me to the thread or email?

Wow, I must have missed something. I wasn't contacted nor saw an opportunity to become a founder for the TesLive. I think I would have seriously considered it but don't know anything about it. Can someone point me to the thread or email?

It was an expensive option on the registration page. You could just call them (the registration company): 415 499 4444. There were a couple of founder's spots open a few days ago.