Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Freebies or Discounts to Owners?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys!

Quick question that may seem silly. When my wife and I bought our Mercedes, we were given apparel, wine, and all kinds of goodies with our purchase. Does Tesla give any freebies or discounts on apparel to owners? Heading to pick up our Model 3 this coming Thursday so I was just curious.

Hey guys!

Quick question that may seem silly. When my wife and I bought our Mercedes, we were given apparel, wine, and all kinds of goodies with our purchase. Does Tesla give any freebies or discounts on apparel to owners? Heading to pick up our Model 3 this coming Thursday so I was just curious.

There was a box of donuts in addition to coffee in the delivery area on my delivery day :) I did not open the box to see if any were remaining, was a busy day at Telsa ; typically end of quarter Saturday.
Also got a nice Tesla paper presentation folder with my car information inside :)
Don't expect any freebies.

• Informative
Reactions: Dionysius
We're actually heading to Portland to get ours. But I am actually thinking of taking up a part time job with Tesla in Tempe, need to get out of the house. Been on dad duty for too long.

My buddy was going to volunteer during my delivery.

BTW Not sure if you're registering here in AZ No tax in Portland could be good if you get software etc that doesn't affect the car MSRP.

• Disagree
Reactions: qdeathstar
Registering in Oregon, maintaining our address there. No sales tax is lovely.

I guess the trade off is no solo HOV access here in AZ, but I'm not sure if you'd get a ticket in an EV (Fed reciprocity? )

I'd take the 9% saving anyday. I'm trying to figure out how to save on taxes for OTA upgrades, but Tesla seems to be using registration address now :(

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: qdeathstar
When I bought my Acura 15 years ago they gave me a free coffee cup. I still use it at work to this day. No biggie really, however I was literally just on Etsy.com looking at Tesla engraved coffee cups and thinking to myself: You know it wouldn't cost them much to throw in a free cup, plus it's free advertising for them, in my case probably free advertising for the next 15 years haa haa.

When I bought my Acura 15 years ago they gave me a free coffee cup. I still use it at work to this day. No biggie really, however I was literally just on Etsy.com looking at Tesla engraved coffee cups and thinking to myself: You know it wouldn't cost them much to throw in a free cup, plus it's free advertising for them, in my case probably free advertising for the next 15 years haa haa.

Absolutely, it's all about the little things. If I could sit down with Elon for 10 minutes, that's what I'd talk with him about. I've had really poor experiences with Tesla customer service (one one really great one). They already make the best cars in the world, just gotta start turning more profits so they can focus on the smaller details.

Back in the “good old days” they used to. I got a little goodie bag with my CPO S purchase that had a Tesla coffee cup, a Tesla umbrella, and a few other goodies in it. It was somewhat dependent on the service center, but it was pretty common back then to get at least something.

Hey guys!

The grin on your face as you sit in the seat and roll off the lot!

Back in the “good old days” they used to. I got a little goodie bag with my CPO S purchase that had a Tesla coffee cup, a Tesla umbrella, and a few other goodies in it. It was somewhat dependent on the service center, but it was pretty common back then to get at least something.

+1 on what @Az_Rael said.

When we took delivery of my Model S in 2016, when Tesla was somewhat of a small car manufacturer, there was a goodie bag inside every Model S that they sold. Mine too had an umbrella, coffee mug, pen, lapel pin, and a bunch of other knick-knacks. The delivery experience was awesome, the DS spent a lot of time with you going over every bits and pieces of the vehicle. They did everything short of putting a big red bow on your car which sits inside the delivery showroom floor that you personally drive out of.

Fast forward 2019 when we picked up our Model X, after signing over the paperwork, DS basically handed us the key fob and pointed outside to where the Model X is parked opposite from the building, in the pouring rain.

I guess those "good-ol days" are not sustainable. :)

• Informative
Reactions: Dionysius
+1 on what @Az_Rael said.

When we took delivery of my Model S in 2016, when Tesla was somewhat of a small car manufacturer, there was a goodie bag inside every Model S that they sold. Mine too had an umbrella, coffee mug, pen, lapel pin, and a bunch of other knick-knacks. The delivery experience was awesome, the DS spent a lot of time with you going over every bits and pieces of the vehicle. They did everything short of putting a big red bow on your car which sits inside the delivery showroom floor that you personally drive out of.

Fast forward 2019 when we picked up our Model X, after signing over the paperwork, DS basically handed us the key fob and pointed outside to where the Model X is parked opposite from the building, in the pouring rain.

I guess those "good-ol days" are not sustainable. :)

atleast we got AC delivery in AZ. Tight squeeze b/t all the others @end of Q3. I think the key is to do a mid quarter delivery for more personalized attention