Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Fremont Ys with cargo cover/package shelf yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Late August Fremont build .. MYP NF541 ... Matrix Lights, Extended door trim, no magnetic armrest... but I DO have the cargo cover.
Magnetic armrest?

Just saw a F551 VIN with a build date of a few days ago not receive the cargo cover. It seems to be random at this point
True. I spoke to my SA and don’t think many will come with the cargo cover. It’s been random Fremont builds that are getting them.
Could be a supply thing too.

For those of you with FOMO about the cargo cover, it's really not very good. It doesn't lift up with the trunk and the way you have to fold it up to stay up, which it only does about 50% of the time is kind of annoying. They definitely haven't spent a lot of time designing and refining it.

For those of you with FOMO about the cargo cover, it's really not very good. It doesn't lift up with the trunk and the way you have to fold it up to stay up, which it only does about 50% of the time is kind of annoying. They definitely haven't spent a lot of time designing and refining it.
👆 ... 100% true. Also, don't forget the rattle on bumpy roads.

I agree in that the shelf design could be better.
This link is for VW Golf but I hope there is a Model Y-specific retrofit solution for shelf strings.
Amazon.com

not worth it? what is the best after-market cargo cover for MYLR ? anyone? Thanks

Today I was supposed to take delivery of Freemont built 537xxx which did not has cargo shelf. The car build quality was pretty good but there was 3 scratch mark which felt like it took hit some how. It had 15 miles. Now I got matched with an older 536xxx. Are these rejected vehicle. Why I am getting matched with old vehicles!!