Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Fremont Ys with cargo cover/package shelf yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't visualize this. Please share pic of differences. Thanks

Old

1663607995008.png

New

1663607949712.png

Reactions: CDrury
What color is it? I have 557 and I was told by SA no cargo shelf.
Just to be clear, the SA's don't know shite. I asked about the shelf on mine and all-seasons and he said shelves were only Austin builds and I would get summers. I got a shelf and AS tires. I also asked for them to properly inspect the vehicle before we drove 40mins to pick it up (which they said they would do), because they didn't last time and we had to refuse delivery because of a dent and chips in the paint. This time there were multiple paint detects which we weren't warned about.

Just to be clear, the SA's don't know shite. I asked about the shelf on mine and all-seasons and he said shelves were only Austin builds and I would get summers. I got a shelf and AS tires. I also asked for them to properly inspect the vehicle before we drove 40mins to pick it up (which they said they would do), because they didn't last time and we had to refuse delivery because of a dent and chips in the paint. This time there were multiple paint detects which we weren't warned about.
Thanks for that, my SA has been really dopey throughout this whole process, so I feel like this might be the case. I just don’t want to get my hopes up! Will report back after I go later today.

Thanks for that, my SA has been really dopey throughout this whole process, so I feel like this might be the case. I just don’t want to get my hopes up! Will report back after I go later today.
Closing the loop, picked up today. Car was in great shape - no cargo cover, but new alcantara panels and fuzz in the back trunk (which honestly I cared about more given how inconvenient the stock cargo cover seems). My delivery experience was super awesome and the guy cleaning the cars spent a lot of time looking at my car and pointing out issues that I should report in for service. Left, had a great ride back home, and then changed out my Uberturbines for the Gemini. Great car, great build, and great commitment to ensuring that the car is addressed to my satisfaction.
2ED6A96E-EA52-4AD1-8933-E9C6E596A862.jpeg

Heated wheel, heated wipers, biodefense mode, more powerful Ryzen chipset, better suspension, possible auto frunk in 2023.... all added as well during the price spikes. Not sure if a near 20k increase is valid for these additions, but it wasnt just the panels added, LOL
those you mentioned happened before the last price increase. Cargo shelf and the new door trims were for the $4k increase.

those you mentioned happened before the last price increase. Cargo shelf and the new door trims were for the $4k increase.
The price of a Model Y has gone up in price in increments over the last year and a half or so and with those increases, there has been many updates. Im including all the "updates" to base my opinion on its current pricing, not just "4k for door panels and a cargo cover". Doing so doesnt tell its entire story for its current pricing. That being said, I still dont see this as a 70k vehicle, but in post 2020... supply demands... etc... anything's possible.

That being said, lets go check out a March 2020 built Model Y and then a Sep 2022 built one. Its night and day. One could make an argument for the price, day and age we're in, etc.

Again, not justified, but looking at the current price and thinking its just for a cargo cover and a door panel is not really the case. They just happened to time the last increase when the old panels ran out, as well as the cargo cover being a "lottery" from the looks of it.

Just picked up MYLR Red color yesterday from Fremont factory Direct delivery. I booked my car in January 2022. VIN 561xxx (Build Date - September 24, 2022) - AMD Ryzen Chipset, Matrix Headlights, Continental ProContact rx All Season tires on 19" Gemini Wheels, Wood door trim, Alcantara door panels, Heated steering wheel, Heated wipers, biodefense mode :). No Wall Connector included :(.

No Cargo Shelf or Retrofit side panels :( - I was told by the Assembly Line Manager (who helped me inspect my vehicle) only Austin build MYs are getting Cargo Shelf and ONLY few Fremont built Pilot test cars received cargo shelf, no plans for cargo shelf atleast this year.

From my initial inspection, No Panel Gaps, Paint issues, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_5955.JPG
    IMG_5955.JPG
    585.4 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: CDrury and db93
Picked up my MYLR Gray yesterday. VIN F559. Has new door trims, matrix lights, and cargo shelf. Fremont built 09/2022.
Found a couple of issues.
  • speck of dirt under paint
  • paint in gap discolored and uneven
  • trunk glass unaligned (higher) than roof glass
  • front windows not flush with rear windows (this may be normal as it is the same on both sides)
  • passenger door not flush with rear door
Overall, nothing major so I accepted delivery and scheduled a service appt.

Attachments

• IMG_5144.jpg
    IMG_5144.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_5145.jpg
    IMG_5145.jpg
    505.5 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_5146.jpg
    IMG_5146.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_5151.jpg
    IMG_5151.jpg