Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Future Tesla Owners in GA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reserved online, as early as I could, but I'm still probably around 100k back. I'm in Alpharetta, just down Old Milton from Avalon, saw an X cruising through the neighborhood. Haven't seen it since, so I'm not sure if they live in my 'hood.

I was in line @ the Marietta store so the optimist in me says I do have a chance for the full credit. But someone in another post has a website that's trying to estimate dates and it's telling me December 2019. Which I have a hard time believing.

Reserved online, as early as I could, but I'm still probably around 100k back.
Same here, I reserved online right when they opened up an hour before the reveal started. Probably won't get a ton of options but it will depend on how much they cost, so not sure how high up on the list I will be.

I'm optimistic I will at least get the half credit if not the full credit, but I am budgeting assuming I will get nothing so any tax credit I get will be a bonus from that perspective.

That law was passed and is in effect. I just paid the $200 when I got my Leaf. There was a bill introduced earlier this year to cut it to $75/year, but I don't think it's gone anywhere yet.

By the time they get around to use here in the South I kind of doubt options will matter much. But hey...who knows?

Dan
They'll still be making the highly optioned cars first. My opinion is that people are making too big a deal about the west/east coast thing. It's only the first batch of cars that will get west coast priority so they can get initial problems discovered and fixed more quickly. But yeah, who knows?

Was in line at decatur Ga. I was there around 1.5 hrs before and was #108. Stupid me. should have gone earlier or to marietta. thought decatur would be least popular. seems many people thought same :p

This bill for non-petroleum car is pretty stupid. especially that big amount. it is kinda bullying by petroleum companies by lobbying to govt. Either you buy their product or if you dont buy pay them annual money. So either way they extract money out of people.
As in car owners are any way paying money for the usual annual car registration to govt for using roads etc.

Also another side note. Got my ICE car serviced today. Felt pretty bad paying through my nose for service like engine oil and cleaning/overhauling etc. Man why aren't there electric vehicles already. we had electric motor since like ages. Anyway. pardon my rant. Thinking about future model 3 makes my mood go back to happy.

In all honesty I kind of get the principal behind the bill. Money for road maintenance and transportation infrastructure comes from the tax Georgia puts on gasoline. We are sharing those roads and services too so I don't really have a problem ponying up somewhat...BUT

...$200 per year?...I think not.

Dan

Also another side note. Got my ICE car serviced today. Felt pretty bad paying through my nose for service like engine oil and cleaning/overhauling etc. Man why aren't there electric vehicles already. we had electric motor since like ages. Anyway. pardon my rant. Thinking about future model 3 makes my mood go back to happy.

Do it yourself man! ICE cars are old hat and the "Service" they charged you for would only cost you about $50 in parts and oil if you did it yourself. If you throw in the tools that you would need it would probably not even break $200.

IRT the tax, the government just needs to find the one damn thing they are going to tax and stick to it. I am so fed up with getting every dollar I make and spend taxed six ways before I'm done with it. Whether it is on my income, expenditures, or property, I don't care. Just pick ONE of those things to tax ONCE and stop trying to double dip.

Add 1 to your list. I currently drive a leased Leaf, which I really like except for the lack of range.

The Atlanta-Decatur store had over 200 people in line when it opened (see pic below). I was #55

View attachment 170956
I was #49 out of 200+ person in line. The $200 GA gas tax on EVs are a bit excessive in my opinion.

By my guestimation on a configured to max $50k M3, I expect delivery of my M3 early 2018 (March/April) timeframe.