Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any good 3rd party leasing options for model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

I just placed a reservation for the model 3 SR+ and paid the deposit. According to the sale rep, Tesla only sell or finance model 3 directly to customer. Tesla does not do direct leasing.

I have enough cash to buy model 3 directly so I do not need to finance the car. However, I am a business owner and can write off monthly cost of leasing. I would like to consider the option of leasing instead of paying car up front if financially makes more sense.

Is there any good 3rd party leasing options for model 3? or is it just better to buy the car with cash since 3rd party leasing company would charge extra fee? I am based in Toronto.

Thank you.

As a business in Canada you car write off up to 55,000 of an electric car in the first year so that pretty much covers the entire Sr+. Just look up the business incentives for electric cars.

Zero-emission vehicles - Transport Canada
Wow I didn’t even know this, this is amazing!!

What implications would this have with the federal and provincial incentives?

Last edited:
Vehicles in respect of which an incentive is paid under the new federal Incentive for Zero-Emission Vehicles Program will be ineligible for the 100-per-cent write-off.

So does this mean that if you get the $5000 incentive for SR+ you can't write it off?

Vehicles in respect of which an incentive is paid under the new federal Incentive for Zero-Emission Vehicles Program will be ineligible for the 100-per-cent write-off.

So does this mean that if you get the $5000 incentive for SR+ you can't write it off?
Better speak to your tax preparer, this is new territory for everyone . I got nothing in the way of incentives , so am looking for 100% right off on my LR M3