Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any good EV powerpoints?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

I am giving a talk this weekend in a nice old village in the mountains about the Roadster and electric transport in general.

I am about to prepare the talk (as the press and local TV will be there) but I first wanted to see if anyone had a presentation they would like to share with me.

Many thanks for any help you guys can give as to talk structure, key points to raise, key EV doubts and rumors etc.

Cheers

Mark

Many thanks Alfred. That is a good start by all means.

A section covering common misconceptions such as "battery disposal is bad for the environment", or "electric cars use electricity from coal and therefore produce as much CO2 as ICEs" etc. would be good. The answers to these can be found in various articles and posts but if anyone had them already documented that would be a great help.

I have one you are welcome to build off of, but with many pictures and graphs, with plenty of back up slides for possible questions it is large 20 mb. Too big for me to email but if you know a way I can get it to you I will try.

Bascially I talk about three major tail winds for EV's now.
A) Cost of Oil
B) Availability of oil
C) Environmental impact
Then I transition into why EV's are so much fun and practical
and conclude with all the current models and specs of all EV's now being sold.

@TEG @Alfred: Excellent links and info chaps. Many thanks. Every audience is different, and in this case we are talking general public, and probably their first contact with an EV, so it'll need to be kept simple.

@dhrivnak: As for sharing large files... I guess TMC has no file storage. If you give me your email address I will invite you to a dropbox folder where you can upload the files.

@VolkerP: I will happily proof read your presentation if you will share it with me... its the least I could do.

The one I will give is in Spanish, but if anyone is interested I will share a link to it here (when it is done).

Thanks to all... this is looking good!

Howdy,

I gave the talk on Sunday at 1pm to a group of 70 or so people including a some reporters and later a TV crew. It went very well and there were no vocal critics of EVs, just genuine interest and enthusiasm.

It was the first EV they had seen in this part of Spain, and few had any idea that EVs even existed, so an easy crowd to please.

Thanks for all your help, and if anyone wants a copy of the talk (its in Spanish but I can translate it in 30 mins if anyone want it) then just DM me.