Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Guesses for 7.1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't really care about people that have not yet purchased the vehicle which I already own. I do not want to lose functionality with any "upgrade". Using your logic, why have a display at all. The car either moves or it doesn't.

I think what people are missing here is that the new UI is much more amenable to the mass public and would likely get more people to buy the car. When you first drive the tesla, the speedometer with everything it has going on is very intimidating. Most early adopters are techies and understand whats going on but the majority of people would have no clue nor would they want to. Its the same as apple having a simple UI which drives adoption with older people. How many 70 yr olds do you see with android phones? Almost zero. I agree they want to have a mode for people who want the info, but this move is about getting more average people to buy the car than techies. All people would really want to know is when do I need to recharge.

+1, sir!

Many of us are very concerned about it being moved. It now uses up a side panel whereas it didn't before. I already shuffle things too much in the side panels depending on what I'm doing (nav, media, phone, trip meters, energy display), and now I have even more information in the side panels that I have to shuffle in order to get the information I want. We need to be doing less shuffling, not more.

And, by the way, it's not the same functionality either. The 6.2 power meter is logarithmic. Tiny amounts of power as low as 2 kW are visible on that meter -- you can see the difference when your A/C fans or seat heaters have come on. The new power meter in 7.0 is linear -- you can no longer see small amounts of power at all.

And don't reply with a "why is this important to you" question. I do not need to justify to anyone why it's important. I use it constantly when driving the car -- that's all anyone needs to know.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup.

Tesla touts the car as a performance car... even the basic S85 can out accelerate most other cars. How many other Performance cars do you know of that do not have full instrumentation, not just a speedometer and a gas guage?

Here's a leaked photo of the comprehensive UI update of the instrument cluster of 7.1. Looks pretty similar to what we've seen of 7.0 imo.
9a83b26b73840a1022a1aa2df498b01a.jpg