TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Any guesses on DRL tech on the Model 3?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Railhawk52, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Railhawk52

Railhawk52 Member

I can't quite tell from the photos I've seen of the model 3 if Tesla is using some of that same "halo" look for the daytime running lights on the Model 3 as they do with the X and the refreshed S.

I'm a big fan of the pure white look the daytime running lights have on the S and X, so I'm hoping tesla will use some of that tech in the Model 3.

Anyone have any thoughts on this or more general headlight tech for the 3?

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  2. sunrocket

sunrocket Member

i'm liking the running lights you have in the image photo. Hope they have more tech in the m3 to match the audi 4. watch em' sweat :)

• Like x 1
  3. Colsla

Colsla Member

It will probably be hid with premium package offering led. I can't imagine led or halogen being offered as standard

4. 03DSG

03DSG Member

I think in a worst case halogen would be standard. Standard should really be LED but probably HID with LED optional. Just my opinion.

5. JeffK

JeffK Active Member

For efficiency and ease of maintenance I say LED standard with adaptive LED headlights being a premium package (although it's a great safety feature so I'd wish that were standard if price allowed it).

If they want people running into the service center all the time because they need to change their headlight that seems like a waste of resources when there are so few service centers (assuming a certain percentage of owners cannot figure out how to change their own headlights). Making LEDs standard solves that issue.

• Like x 2