Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any guesses when MX 75D, 5 Seat, Coil...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been lurking a couple of years here, thought I would finally contribute:

I'm an early Tesla adopter and currently own a 2013 MS60 vin 14xxx. Also a M3 reservation holder. During the initial roll out of the MS, Tesla offered fog lights as part of the Tech package, but removed them after orders where placed. Tesla did offered to install them on a few early orders for free, but I was not one of them. Ended up paying to have them installed.

I have a MX60D, 5 seat, coils and accessory hitch ordered, confirmed on 9/18. I'm hopping this scenario won't repeat again. I truly believe in the product and the company. Please Tesla, make it right for your loyal customers.

I talked to Peter from inside sales and he had no compassion even after I gave him a mouthful. I have escalated this issue to his boss so he is going to reach out to me on Monday. I'm not expecting a different outcome. Most likely we'll upgrsde it and have it in time for cmas.
This just leaves a bad taste in my mouth...
I have a MX90 that I changed from 5 to 6 seat and SAS with only TWO DAYS later Tesla offer the SAS at a discount and they refused to give me the discount. Multiple broken promises and misleading sales tactics. Tesla needs to improve the buying process and QC and very quickly. The games they played with me with the ordering process caused them to lose a sale from me. We were set to order a Model S for my wife to replace her Lexus but she nixed that after our issues and cancelled before configuration locked. Still leaves a bad taste in my mouth and severely tempered my enthusiasm about my purchase. Still, I really enjoy the X but won't buy another Tesla until some things change.

Just read that coil suspension is no longer an option. Wondering this means all coil orders will be converted to SAS?

-ThinkMac-

After much pressing, I was finally offered a full refund of my $5k deposit or an upgrade to SAS at half price.

With the delays, the way Tesla has ignored the "first come, first served" deposit promise, and the difficulty of getting a straight answer to my order status inquiries, we took the refund.

FWIW, this is part of the email that I received from Tesla about my 75 coil order.

As of this past week the coil suspension option will no longer be offered to be configured on the Model X. Our testing team has determined that it will the coil suspension was not up to Tesla's strict standards for ride quality and will therefore no longer offer that suspension as an option.

With your existing Model X order, you have the option of proceeding forward with the below two options :

1. Begin the build process of your Model X order with air suspension at a price of $1,250 (regularly $2,500).

2. Received a refund of your full order payment $2,500

If anyone else has a coil on order, I'd suggest contacting Tesla about the order.

FWIW, this is part of the email that I received from Tesla about my 75 coil order.

As of this past week the coil suspension option will no longer be offered to be configured on the Model X. Our testing team has determined that it will the coil suspension was not up to Tesla's strict standards for ride quality and will therefore no longer offer that suspension as an option.

With your existing Model X order, you have the option of proceeding forward with the below two options :

1. Begin the build process of your Model X order with air suspension at a price of $1,250 (regularly $2,500).

2. Received a refund of your full order payment $2,500

If anyone else has a coil on order, I'd suggest contacting Tesla about the order.

Are they refunding the $5000 you noted as your reservation deposit or the $2500 that they wrote in the email (bolded above)?

Yeah, they previously committed to delivering a car with coil in September for me, not sure their commitments mean much. I'm in the same situation, but I still haven't decided yet.

I really don't like being treated like crap ... but I do want the car.

Last Friday, Peter said they would guarantee 6 week turnaround. Then yesterday, his boss told me mid to late Dec. How can it increase that dramatically? These guys are just pulling #'s out of their ass.

Btw, the boss mentioned since we got the 75 upgrade gratis, we are getting a great value than most ppl. I truly believe that is their reasoning to not negotiate with us and since there is such a small % of coils left, our voice won't be heard.
It's still a crappy process that we went through, especially being an early reservation holder.