TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Any guesses when we will see P85D loaners?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by mark, Oct 13, 2014.

1. mark

mark Member

Lots of threads about trade-ins, but I realistically can't justify it even though it's amazing to think about. But the idea of having one for a day is very appealing. I also wonder if they would trust an S85 owner with that much additional power and the accompanying risks.
    Makes me wonder how long till they transition the loaner fleet - surely the market for non-D/non-autopilot loaners will dry up and the turnover will slow down. Also, I would guess they have an abundance of orders to catch up on to meet Q4 guidance and may not restock the loaner fleet till next year.
    My 2nd annual service is due in Jan and I hope they have autopilot loaners by then and hopefully a P85D.

2. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

I've never even had a P85+ loaner and it's been a really long time since I got even a P85 loaner. I think I had a P85 once. Most loaners I've had have been 60's. Have a feeling we won't see P85D loaners for a long time but they will start putting some 85D and 60D loaners out there next year.

3. DieAbetic

DieAbetic Member

Release in December. Loaners put on the market 60-90 days later (cant remember where I heard this). That would lead me to believe the first P85D loaners will be available sometime in Jan-March 2015.

4. mitch672

mitch672 Active Member

They are far more likely to put all of the trade-ins in the loaner fleet, than new cars.
    I was told the local service center (Watertown, MA in my case), would contact me about my trade-in offer.

it's likely they'll take people for test drives and use used Model S's for loaners, there is going to be a large number if them availble. Frankly, its a better idea, than providning new cars, which then have to be discounted to sell them. as a TSLA investor, I like it.

as for new "D" test drives, it's more likely the gallery/showrooms have a few for test drives.

5. Super Gizmo

Super Gizmo Member

I made an appointment several weeks ago for 24K service along with some other issues and requested a Model S loaner but was given an Enterprise loaner and you are dreaming of getting a D for loaner!

6. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Oh man, I forgot about the loaner program. That should be exciting, though I would hope to have my (similar?) X before they hit service centers.

Given what the loaner situation has been in the past for some though, not sure how that will play out in reality.

7. Owner

Owner Active Member

I've had loaners of every flavor. Its been a lot of fun comparing the differences. Did spend the whole day driving the P85+ to the ocean though!

Can't wait for the real test drive / loaner day of the D! :biggrin:

8. SlyWombat

SlyWombat Member

Don't forget they have the "valet" mode for loaners which have speed limiting and oddly, no internet radio.

9. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Loaners have internet radio but not Slacker.

10. Owner

Owner Active Member

Don't care about speed limiting. Acceleration limiting would not be fun.

11. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

All my loaners have always had Slacker.

12. Jhall118

Jhall118 Member

My last loaner was not speed limited. I was expecting it to be, so I pushed it, and well... it wasn't haha.

13. cschock

cschock Member

My car has been in for service 8 times in the last 18 months for various reasons. I've yet to get a Tesla loaner, so I am not going to hold out much hope of ever getting a D! :frown: