Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any happy camper here with the price cut?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in the market for a new vehicle (a once every 5 years kind of thing for me) and originally wasn't even considering a Model Y because it was out of my price range. Needless to say with the price cut and tax credit that put it right at the max price I was looking to pay so took the opportunity to finally jump on the EV train. I put in my order the day the cuts were announced and had a VIN the next day. I've already scheduled for delivery (3 hours away) on the 18th. Super surprised how quick it was from placing an order online to having a delivery date with a vehicle waiting.

Reactions: Anser and Yelobird
I was in the market for a new vehicle (a once every 5 years kind of thing for me) and originally wasn't even considering a Model Y because it was out of my price range. Needless to say with the price cut and tax credit that put it right at the max price I was looking to pay so took the opportunity to finally jump on the EV train. I put in my order the day the cuts were announced and had a VIN the next day. I've already scheduled for delivery (3 hours away) on the 18th. Super surprised how quick it was from placing an order online to having a delivery date with a vehicle waiting.

they had one in inventory match. Mine will take a while since I want 3 rows and NO other options. I want it take till 3/1 since I want to see if they re-release the SR or Used X prices drop a lot in the interim.

they had one in inventory match. Mine will take a while since I want 3 rows and NO other options. I want it take till 3/1 since I want to see if they re-release the SR or Used X prices drop a lot in the interim.
Ah interesting, that makes sense. I went with standard everything on mine. Was tempted by a few things but told myself you're already spending this much, let's not add any more to it 😂.

This actually looks really nice. Thinking about picking this up as the daily driver (for work). I think the Prius Prime is going to cap out at $37K. Still not a Model 3 but it looks like it has a lot of nice features. Curious to see how it stacks up to the "updated" Model 3 that Tesla is working on.
Unless your live in areas with very few Superchargers (Like WY, ND,... in USA) or (or not yet) any EV infrastructures (Like Africa, S. America, ...)
- the justification of getting an hybrid vehicle is vs. an EV make less and less sense
because of the ICE engine complexity, maintenance cost, and useless added weight.

See: Elon Musk considers plug-in hybrids to be essentially like amphibians.

First time poster. Was waiting for the cyber truck but was hard to pass up these deals. Picked up a MYP , black with tow hitch totaling $61,130 inclusive of all fees (not tax and registration).

Pretty happy with that price, I was willing to pick up this same car in December when they had the $7500 discount. Only problem then was that they didn’t have any performance models available. Happy they didn’t lol.

Not new to Tesla, but am new to model Y. Never even sat in a Y before. Wife is currently traveling, this is going to be a surprise for her. Not going to tell her, just going to take her to pick it up when it’s ready and tell her we’re going to lunch instead. 😅
Grats. I'm jelly. When I got the wife's MYP it was 63K similar/same options, MSM+tow. However you get all the new stuff, Ryzen MCU, revised dampers, etc etc.

Btw, are you gonna get a bow for the car? Might as well go big? Btw, I read June is the date for CT production.

Grats. I'm jelly. When I got the wife's MYP it was 63K similar/same options, MSM+tow. However you get all the new stuff, Ryzen MCU, revised dampers, etc etc.

Btw, are you gonna get a bow for the car? Might as well go big? Btw, I read June is the date for CT production.
Thanks. I was thinking of driving by the Tesla lot here, point out how nice it looks then get out and go in…telling her it’s hers… not sure yet how I’ll pull it off.

As for cybertruck, I’m planning to replace my current “work truck” with it…a 2014 mercedes glk250 diesel suv lol. I can fit 101 inches in it with seats down and at an angle 😅

Thanks. I was thinking of driving by the Tesla lot here, point out how nice it looks then get out and go in…telling her it’s hers… not sure yet how I’ll pull it off.

As for cybertruck, I’m planning to replace my current “work truck” with it…a 2014 mercedes glk250 diesel suv lol. I can fit 101 inches in it with seats down and at an angle 😅

I hope Elon honors CT reservation pricing- Tax credit! That would be epic. and for all the naysayers he did honor $35 SR 3 price

I hope Elon honors CT reservation pricing- Tax credit! That would be epic. and for all the naysayers he did honor $35 SR 3 price
I hope so, but not confident. $70k for the plaid powertrain in a futuristic truck with a 500 mile range will outsell everything…. The only downside for a lot of people are the looks… I personally think it’s awesome.

This is the reason i was waiting and not buying MYP. There were basically same price, why would I buy the model Y when I can get the utility of a truck, 200 more miles range and something faster than most hyper cars up to street legal speeds…

Unless your live in areas with very few Superchargers (Like WY, ND,... in USA) or (or not yet) any EV infrastructures (Like Africa, S. America, ...)
- the justification of getting an hybrid vehicle is vs. an EV make less and less sense
because of the ICE engine complexity, maintenance cost, and useless added weight.

See: Elon Musk considers plug-in hybrids to be essentially like amphibians.
I got you, just keeping options open and depends on what comes out with the refresh Model 3.

Also not going to put that much weight on what Elon has to say. He's smarter than me, for sure but not trying to play the jump, how high game with a billionaire, lol. Him and I have different problems. Pretty sure stuff that I have to deal with are peanuts, if even compared to the stuff he's trying to solve.

I got you, just keeping options open and depends on what comes out with the refresh Model 3.

Also not going to put that much weight on what Elon has to say. He's smarter than me, for sure but not trying to play the jump, how high game with a billionaire, lol. Him and I have different problems. Pretty sure stuff that I have to deal with are peanuts, if even compared to the stuff he's trying to solve.
Hybrids make more efficient use of limited battery resources, but use up more standard resources like steel.

I've reserved then cancelled, then ordered then had it canceled starting 10 years ago.
I've pulled the trigger again. We were on the fence vs. an ID4. But the price drop is too good to pass up even with Elon's twitter fiasco.
Ordered it a couple of hours after it went live, car is already made and sitting in Fremont, but delivery has been delayed. They're saying 19th-28th. Wonder what's taking so long. Big rush I guess.
Give me time to find out what the radar and camera updates are.

Reactions: Yelobird
Eh, I can't really be happy when the car I bought 4 months ago is now valued at $6,000 lol.

No accidents, excellent condition, 4,000 miles.

1673914333759.png

• Funny
Reactions: Noflash and Kairide
Status
Not open for further replies.