TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Any harm in leaving car plugged in for 1 week?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by johnyoung1234, Nov 10, 2013.

1. johnyoung1234

johnyoung1234 Member

I am going on vacation for a week and was debating whether or not to leave the car charger in the port for a week. As it is, I have the car set to charge after midnight (to save a few pennies on electric). I don't think it makes any difference since the car should just top off the charge every night but wanted to hear feedback in case I am missing something.

Thanks...

2. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Your Tesla likes to stay plugged in.

3. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Leave it plugged in and it will take car of itself.

4. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

The card that came with the car says a connected Model S is a happy model S. No need to overthink this-- just keep it plugged in whenever you can. You paid for sophisticated battery management software, might as well take advantage of it.

5. caddieo

caddieo Member

I've gone 3 and a half weeks with no problems. Just programmed the car to charge after midnight and lowered the amperage to 15. Also programmed the slider to between 150-170 miles.

6. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

The battery's sweet spot is 50%..set the slider there, keep it plugged in, and don't worry