Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Hawaii Tesla owners looking to sell their Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I totally agree with you, nanimac. It wasn't worth the upgrade cost. We get to maintain the battery life longer. I think the lowest I have gone down to was 13 miles. Of course, going up my hill takes 10 miles of the battery.

drtko, maybe you should back up your hill. That way you are on regen. Doesn't that sound like a regular dealership salesman claim or answer to a problem? :) (just being silly)

Looks like someone bought the CPO 85...there's a link to order a 70D now. Am wondering if Hawaii is a CPO center now...makes sense but sucks for those looking to sell their cars themselves.
I think they are just trying to move inventory of CPOs and giving rock bottom pricing. Kills the private sales and makes trading one in for a new MS impossible. they need to increase CPO prices $10-15K more in my opinion.:crying: that would leave more meat on the bone for those doing a private sale. the basic formula they are using is based on an ICE vehicle and not the MS itself. there is relatively little depreciation on a MS compared to an ICE based on my 2.5 years of ownership.

I think they are just trying to move inventory of CPOs and giving rock bottom pricing. Kills the private sales and makes trading one in for a new MS impossible. they need to increase CPO prices $10-15K more in my opinion.:crying: that would leave more meat on the bone for those doing a private sale. the basic formula they are using is based on an ICE vehicle and not the MS itself. there is relatively little depreciation on a MS compared to an ICE based on my 2.5 years of ownership.

Your explanation makes good sense. The CPO is going to hurt private sales. So, maybe a private seller will need to time their offer to sell when the CPO bucket is empty. I think there will be more MS buyers than sellers for still a while. So, we wait until there's no CPO on Oahu before we talk about selling one privately. What do you think?

Did everyone see Cheryl's email today! They have a bunch of inventory cars even a new blue and titanium!

60kW= Black, hard top roof, 21’ Grey wheels, Black nappa leather seats, piano black décor, dual chargers, Tech package, autopilot, premium interior lighting, paint armor
Was = $84,800
Now = $77,244

70kW = Deep Blue Metallic, 19’ Silver Cyclone wheels, Tan Next Gen Seats, Obeche Gloss Décor,
Now = $81,291

70kW = Titanium Metallic, 19’ Cylclone wheels, Black next gen seats, Obeche wood Gloss Décor, Smart Air suspension, Premium interior Package, Ultra Fidelity Sound
Now= $90,601

85kW = Pearl White, Pano roof, 19 silver cyclone wheels, Grey nappa leather seats, Carbon Fiber Décor, Carbon Fiber spoiler,
Now = $91,061

Red Multi coat Paint, 21’ Grey Wheels, Pano roof, Tan Next gen seats, Obeche gloss Décor, carbon fiber spoiler, Dual chargers, Tech package, autopilot, smart air suspension, High fidelity sound
Was $129,850
Now $118,028

Did everyone see Cheryl's email today! They have a bunch of inventory cars even a new blue and titanium!

60kW= Black, hard top roof, 21’ Grey wheels, Black nappa leather seats, piano black décor, dual chargers, Tech package, autopilot, premium interior lighting, paint armor
Was = $84,800
Now = $77,244

70kW = Deep Blue Metallic, 19’ Silver Cyclone wheels, Tan Next Gen Seats, Obeche Gloss Décor,
Now = $81,291

70kW = Titanium Metallic, 19’ Cylclone wheels, Black next gen seats, Obeche wood Gloss Décor, Smart Air suspension, Premium interior Package, Ultra Fidelity Sound
Now= $90,601

85kW = Pearl White, Pano roof, 19 silver cyclone wheels, Grey nappa leather seats, Carbon Fiber Décor, Carbon Fiber spoiler,
Now = $91,061

Red Multi coat Paint, 21’ Grey Wheels, Pano roof, Tan Next gen seats, Obeche gloss Décor, carbon fiber spoiler, Dual chargers, Tech package, autopilot, smart air suspension, High fidelity sound
Was $129,850
Now $118,028

Nanimac, Of course I stopped at the SC today to see if the ocean blue was in. Alas, it's not there yet. Jimmy said they'll call me when it comes in. Naturally, I'll share that info. Since your blue 70D is still a month or two out, it'd be a good thing if you at least see the color now.

Nanimac, Of course I stopped at the SC today to see if the ocean blue was in. Alas, it's not there yet. Jimmy said they'll call me when it comes in. Naturally, I'll share that info. Since your blue 70D is still a month or two out, it'd be a good thing if you at least see the color now.

Wow, that is so brutally cold. Just rubbing the sea salt into the wound.

I'll probably get mine before the inventory car gets here so you can see mine or I can give you a ride to the airport in July to go pick up your car :tongue:

Was = $84,800
Now = $77,244

Now = $81,291

Now= $90,601

Now = $91,061

Was $129,850
Now $118,028

So, do you think they will let me borrow one for a few days when my wife and I visit Hawaii in a couple of weeks?

So, do you think they will let me borrow one for a few days when my wife and I visit Hawaii in a couple of weeks?������

Only if you can convince the Tesla employees that you are the new sales manager for Hawaii. BTW, the deep blue and titanium metallic 70Ds hadn't yet made their appearances when I checked a couple days ago. Enjoy your stay!

Ok gang...the lease on my Leaf is up on Sep 1st, so it's crunch time. I'm very motivated to talk one of you 40 owners into upgrading to a 70D so that I can give your first love a new home. Any takers?

Papafox, now that your road trip has begun, is your 40 just pining away in Kailua wanting to be driven? Are you sure you won't be bringing that 70 home with you?

drtko147, I'm right at the bottom of the hill. You can wave to her every day and stop in to visit any time!

Any other 40s out there?

stoebs, did you let Cheryl or Doug know at the SC that you're looking for a CPO 60? They won't sell 40s since they'll just make them 60s. Maybe they'll get one in priced for under $60K like there have been on the mainland and you can have first dibs :)

Hi Rod, I think I've seen you around! Too bad your'e not ready yet - an ocean blue 70D would be perfect for you! Spread the word to any other 40 owners you might know though.

Nani, I spoke with Cheryl last week. She is looking for me, but I need to let Nissan know what I'm doing in just a few weeks. She mentioned that she had a 40 owner that was looking to trade in for a 70D, but he didn't accept Tesla's offer. She was going to give him my contact info but I haven't heard anything back yet.

They have a White 60 service loaner vehicle, but it's just about loaded (Tech w/ Autopilot, HF sound, Pano, Leather, Paint armor), so even after the mileage discount it's still $80k. Too rich for my blood. I'm looking to stay under $50k; so the search for a 40 continues.