TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Any hope for leasing????

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by dunginhawk, Mar 20, 2017.

1. dunginhawk

dunginhawk Member

Good evening.. Ive selected my car, and now im finding out that i cant lease. Period (unless someone knows otherwise). Im in iowa, which tesla doesnt offer leasing too. Ive checked a local bank and i need to be a business owner.
    I checked with the lender that tesla recommended and they require the same (that i be a business owner).
    Does anyone know of an online leasing company that I can figure this out through?
    Id rather not BUY if i can help it.
    thanks

2. dunginhawk

dunginhawk Member

Also, IF i decide to buy... Im looking at a 92k 75D (fairly loaded).(NEW) . If I were to put 50k miles on this car over 3 years, what would you suspect the value to be (trade in or personal sale). I was thinking 50-55K? does that sound reasonable?
    thanks

3. Post

Post Member

I would suspect resale in the $30k to $45k range. You will be competing against three years of additional 70D, 75D, 85D, and 90D expired leases; 2+ years of Model 3 production; and possibly 1+ year of Model Y production. Demand may be more diversely spread; and lower for the S. Battery tech advances and production cost reductions from scale are working against your 75D.

The 2020 Model S market is probably going to be a decision between CPO P85D and P90Ds ($50 to $65k range) or buying new ($65k and up; standard battery is probably 85kwh in 2020). The 70D and 75D CPO buyer is probably evaluating against a basic or minimally optioned 2020 Model 3.

4. dunginhawk

dunginhawk Member

I ended up buying a CPO model S 85 for 55,200 w/ 36k miles. with all the features i want. Ill pick it up in a week or so.
    I figure i can drive it, rent it, do whatever i want for the next year while I wait for the model 3. By then I should be able to get out of it roughly what I owe (maybe slightly less of course). Seems like a much wiser investment than eating depreciation.