Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any hope for leasing????

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good evening.. Ive selected my car, and now im finding out that i cant lease. Period (unless someone knows otherwise). Im in iowa, which tesla doesnt offer leasing too. Ive checked a local bank and i need to be a business owner.
I checked with the lender that tesla recommended and they require the same (that i be a business owner).
Does anyone know of an online leasing company that I can figure this out through?
Id rather not BUY if i can help it.
thanks

Also, IF i decide to buy... Im looking at a 92k 75D (fairly loaded).(NEW) . If I were to put 50k miles on this car over 3 years, what would you suspect the value to be (trade in or personal sale). I was thinking 50-55K? does that sound reasonable?
thanks

Also, IF i decide to buy... Im looking at a 92k 75D (fairly loaded).(NEW) . If I were to put 50k miles on this car over 3 years, what would you suspect the value to be (trade in or personal sale). I was thinking 50-55K? does that sound reasonable?
thanks

I would suspect resale in the $30k to $45k range. You will be competing against three years of additional 70D, 75D, 85D, and 90D expired leases; 2+ years of Model 3 production; and possibly 1+ year of Model Y production. Demand may be more diversely spread; and lower for the S. Battery tech advances and production cost reductions from scale are working against your 75D.

The 2020 Model S market is probably going to be a decision between CPO P85D and P90Ds ($50 to $65k range) or buying new ($65k and up; standard battery is probably 85kwh in 2020). The 70D and 75D CPO buyer is probably evaluating against a basic or minimally optioned 2020 Model 3.

I ended up buying a CPO model S 85 for 55,200 w/ 36k miles. with all the features i want. Ill pick it up in a week or so.
I figure i can drive it, rent it, do whatever i want for the next year while I wait for the model 3. By then I should be able to get out of it roughly what I owe (maybe slightly less of course). Seems like a much wiser investment than eating depreciation.