Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any HW3 upgrades happening in NY/NJ ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been seeing contradicting stories on this one, some FSD owners seem to be getting upgrades with service appointments but when I had to get something checked out at a service center I was told I could just purchase the upgrade and later corrected to « they’ll roll out in batches but we don’t know when ». With features starting to drift , it’d be great to see the HW roll out. Does anyone have a bit of clarity as to when/how this is slayed to happen on the east coast (service center specific etc.) ?

Not sure it matters. My understanding is you will get the call when a board is created for your VIN. Nothing to do with region or anything else. It’s like the updates. When the car comes up on the list, it’s ready.

Anyone has any better info, let me know, but that’s my understanding of the process.

I requested upgrade via app now that NYC Phase 1 reopening started I figured they could take me

Just dropped my car off in Red Hook for the HW3 update this morning
They are backed up so they gave me an ETA of 2 full business dates rather than the 3-5 hours I've seen reported elsewhere
Got Uber credit for 2 days to go back and forth

Will let you know how it goes

Well they realized they didn’t have the part and called me to take my car back.
Provisionally rescheduled for later in month.

Part came in and got it done, took 2 full business days.
On the plus side the procedure seems much smoother than earlier reports of people losing settings/etc when the computer was swapped.

I didn’t have the chance to actually test any of the new AP features as my drive back was too short to calibrate the cameras, have to try tomorrow.