Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any idea how much it would cost to replace an A-Pillar next to the front windshield?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PXL_20220619_023525735.jpg

Anyone know roughly how much it'll cost to replace the A-Pillar next to the front windshield? A pickup didn't secure their tools and a shovel flung into my windshield on the highway. I'm hoping and praying it'll be cheap and quick to fix, cause its a top single piece (unlike the rocker panel for the model 3), so they won't have to get under the car and it shouldn't be labor-intensive.

If you want to see the incident in question, here

So update, the damage to the Right A-pillar and there was also a spot of damage on the rear passenger door from when the shovel smacked and flung off of my vehicle after hitting the front. Both spots of damage were just fixed at the shop with no new parts needed. The windshield, however, took almost 2 weeks to arrive, and when it did arrive, it was shattered. So they're now ordering another replacement and my local Tesla shop near Tampa advised they no longer fix windshields and the place they send their customers to for windshields is back-ordered by over 3 weeks.
Tesla has awful service with long waits. The people are nice, the system is just poor.