Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any idea when performance version will be available?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Bobfitz1

Supporting Member
Sep 24, 2012
Ludlow, Vt
Does anyone have any educated guesses as to when a performance M3 might become available?

I expect I'll wind up with a dual motor LR M3, but ideally when I pull the trigger I'd know how much more a P will be and how
much performance increase.

In the same boat. Unfortunately no one will really know until it happens or Tesla makes an announcement. My own guess is that the performance dual motor will be offered at the same time as the non-performance dual motor since it'll help increase average selling price and profitability. In a way, the performance dual motor AWD configurations could help to subsidize the less profitable (i.e. standard range, non-premium) configurations.

In the same boat. Unfortunately no one will really know until it happens or Tesla makes an announcement. My own guess is that the performance dual motor will be offered at the same time as the non-performance dual motor since it'll help increase average selling price and profitability. In a way, the performance dual motor AWD configurations could help to subsidize the less profitable (i.e. standard range, non-premium) configurations.

I'd be delighted if you are right and a P version is introduced at or close to same time as LR Dual Motor, since we have strong signs dual motor will be offered in next month or two. I had previously posted speculation as to how much P will add to cost. My WAG was 12 - 13K if the percentages closely followed those for MS P.