Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

any idea when we can start test driving Model Y in Canada?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I am pretty excited about the release of Model Y. So far only get to see them on youtube videos. Anyone know approx when we can start test driving one in Canada esp. in GTA area?
It took a long time before model 3s were available for test drives. I took delivery in September 2018, about 5 months after the first RWD model 3s were delivered, and I think it was only in August that you could book a test drive. They had model 3s on display you could sit in well before offering test drives, so that will probably happen in parallel with first Canadian deliveries. But don't expect to take one on the road anytime soon IMHO.

I did my first test drive thanks to a friendly forum member that met me at work one day for lunch. I would be willing to bet that's your best chance to do a test drive for at least the first few months after deliveries start. There is enough buzz that there will be many people willing to take delivery without a test drive.

Of course, the model 3 production ramp was much slower than what the Y is apparently doing so maybe they will have test drives. With the coronavirus who knows how much that will affect people's purchase of an expensive car as well as Tesla's production capacity.