Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any idea where to install autotoll on Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(Pls ignore if repetitive) Similar issue here with fastrak on toll roads in CA. I kept my fastrak in the driver's side door pocket. When the toll reader comes, i move my arm out of the way and it beeps. Note, receiver needs to face opposite of what would normally work on a window. I know it's weird, but it works, and keeps the window clean....

Can we do something like the model s and have it somewhere in the front trunk near the old nose cone? I bought one of those auto toll silicon sleeves for the auto toll but the suction cups are useless and I'm not hugely keen on the crappy double sided sticky tap approach... anyone else with a better approach?

Can we do something like the model s and have it somewhere in the front trunk near the old nose cone? I bought one of those auto toll silicon sleeves for the auto toll but the suction cups are useless and I'm not hugely keen on the crappy double sided sticky tap approach... anyone else with a better approach?

Why you said the suction cups are useless? Did you try putting the tag on the flat surface immediately below the lower hand corner of the glass instead of sticking it on the glass?

I got inspired from the nose cone instllation for older Model S and installed the tag in the gap between the frunk and the bumper, and I can confirm that it works really well (3 out of 3 tolls just now).

Attachments

• IMG_8288.JPG
    IMG_8288.JPG
    338.1 KB · Views: 256
  • Informative
Reactions: frangus6
Autotoll just replaced all my tags with the new stick-on-label type. Much simpler, and no battery to worry about. Also, supposedly works through Tesla windscreens, and the added bonus is no deposit needed.

Only drawback is that these are not compatible with the old big-chucky-box style tags - so won't work with car parks and clubs that need those. But, they work fine in the tunnels.

Autotoll just replaced all my tags with the new stick-on-label type. Much simpler, and no battery to worry about. Also, supposedly works through Tesla windscreens, and the added bonus is no deposit needed.

Only drawback is that these are not compatible with the old big-chucky-box style tags - so won't work with car parks and clubs that need those. But, they work fine in the tunnels.

Just requested for mine. They say to install it behind the rear view mirror where the dots are. (for Model X)

Any pictures markwj?

Interesting... can you post a picture to show what it looks like please? Cheers