Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any idea where to install autotoll on Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_2785.JPG

Autotoll just replaced all my tags with the new stick-on-label type. Much simpler, and no battery to worry about. Also, supposedly works through Tesla windscreens, and the added bonus is no deposit needed.

Only drawback is that these are not compatible with the old big-chucky-box style tags - so won't work with car parks and clubs that need those. But, they work fine in the tunnels.

I have it installed and it doesn't work in all tunnel yet, the eastern tunnel does not work but TKO tunnel works, I called them, and they said they are "tuning" the senor at each tunnel one by one.

Here is a pic

Attachments

• 17352473_10209504095503417_1189179124715003426_n.jpg
    17352473_10209504095503417_1189179124715003426_n.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 251
Hi Flyingbathtub, im thinking of installing my autotoll brick in the same place as you. Any failures yet?

I installed it vertically originally, and EHT failed to register it once while all other went ok. Then I tried installing it horizontally as per the autotoll recommendation, been having 100% success rate so far in the last 20 trips on Tsing Ma/WHC/CHT/EHC. Definitely the way to go! Out of sight out of mind!!

Reactions: frangus6
Where did you put the sticker tag? Still next to rear view mirror. Can it be placed anywhere on the screen?

I just received mine. Once its stuck you can't remove.

I stuck mine onto a transparent name card holder, and put that in the bottom right of the window. That way, I can remove it anytime I want. It works just fine down there in all the tunnels I've tried it in so far.

Reactions: flyingbathtub
Hi Guys, just bumping this thread for model x new auto toll sticker as just received mine... so ok to stick it just behind the rear view mirror then? Thanks in advance

That location isn't working for me. MX delivered in late December in Houston. The toll RFID readers in the area don't appear to be able to read the tag, since the billing for the tolls shows that they were video tolls, based on reading the license plate - not based on an RFID read.

Can someone who has gotten the Autotoll sicker (not the box) to work on all bridges and tunnels please post a photo of where they placed it? Would love to see a couple of options, if possible. I think that the bottom right of the windscreen might work but the guy at the Autotoll offices said that it doesn’t work on some model Xes. He suggested he corner of the headlight! Which I don’t want to do.