Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any ideas how to retrieve... (don't laugh)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SOLVED!!!!

I moved the passenger seat all the way forward, tilted it forward and raised it as high as possible. This exposed a slit in the carpet under the seat. Had my friend kneel down in the back seat floor while doing circles in a parking lot causing the M&M to roll to one side, then turned the other way and VOILA there it was. He was then able to grab the subject M&M. Fun fact, he also found a toonie ($2 coin) in there, which technically this M&M made me money. Ok fine, I may like M&M's again and may have used the $2 to buy another bag.

upload_2020-2-5_6-23-37.png

SOLVED!!!!

I moved the passenger seat all the way forward, tilted it forward and raised it as high as possible. This exposed a slit in the carpet under the seat. Had my friend kneel down in the back seat floor while doing circles in a parking lot causing the M&M to roll to one side, then turned the other way and VOILA there it was. He was then able to grab the subject M&M. Fun fact, he also found a toonie ($2 coin) in there, which technically this M&M made me money. Ok fine, I may like M&M's again and may have used the $2 to buy another bag.

View attachment 508105

Glad you got it. That would have made me go insane too.

Side point, you need to vacuum that interior! :) I have this and it's able to get all those tight areas you can't really reach. This way, the car stays looking brand new even in those hard to see areas.
610g8PgdfrS._AC_SX522_.jpg

Reactions: Akikiki
.take it to a supercharger and let the battery warm up to melt it but not sure that is the best solution from a sanitary perspective.

This wont work. The candy shell on an M&M is designed specifically to withstand heats higher than the Tesla battery will generate. Think about cookies and brownies with M&Ms built in. Those were cooked in an oven at over 300F and they didn't melt. The only reason they "melt" in your mouth is because the sugar is highly soluble, which means it basically dissolves into your saliva and doesn't actually melt.

So unless you also want to pour some water in there to dissolve the shell no amount of heat is going to take care of this issue.

SOLVED!!!!

View attachment 508105

On the one hand this is the epitome of first-world problems.

On the other, I'd have lost my mind if there had been a rogue M&M rolling around under my passenger seat. LOST. MY. MIND.

Reactions: UKNOWINVU2